Workshop Rig's Right fingers out too long

I’m not sure if this has been already addressed but I’ve noticed when i was setting up my model’s hand weight painting, I realized that the right hand of the rig has been extended out longer compared to the left hand.

Right hand Knuckles are right on the tip of the thumb
Left Hand Knuckes are in the middle of thumb bone

I hope fixing this won’t make existing models unusable, but I don’t mind if fixing it would be too much of an issue to handle. I just wanted to make sure the Devs knew about this. Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s been posted since September

I’m guessing it hasn’t been fixed since it’ll affect all the current models but waiting longer will only make the problem harder to fix I guess.
The good thing is that you can just make your rig mirrored in your software and when it gets imported to TU it moves all the bones to their places and it’s hardly noticeable. This way it’s not a pain in the butt to weight paint.

1 Like

How do you mirror the rig?

Delete the right hand’s bones, select the left hand’s bones, press W, Symmetrize. If it’s not in the W menu then it should be in Armature > Symmetrize. This will automatically change the namings and parenting too.

They could very easily just update the rig they have in their download page to have this while still not fixing it in the game and it would make life much easier for riggers, specially the beginners. And it’s impossible to notice in-game I think, the difference is so minimal to be visible but a nuisance for riggers.

1 Like