Will everything save from gmtower to tu? donator,items,gmc?

PLEASE MAKE LIKE A STEAM THINGY TO MAKE eVERYTHING SAVE

It has been confirmed that your GMT data will transfer over to TU with certain differences. For example, all of the items you have will be put into your inventory IF there is a TU item that is the same. Since copyright issues will remove a lot of the items, those that do not get transferred will instead be converted to Units. Another thing to note is that the GMC will be converted to Units. Since the GMC to Units ratio is not 1:1, you will likely find that you have a smaller number of Units than you did GMC. I don’t think the Donor status will transfer since TU won’t have microtransactions, but Donors will get a perk or two for being supporters. Lastly, they will be using Steam inventory to store your TU items. Sorry for the wall of text, I hope this answers any of your questions about save transfers!

2 Likes

Here’s what the lead developer has said on transferring GMTower data to Unite: [quote=“macdguy, post:2, topic:165, full:true”]
Good question! I need to make a graphic to properly explain it, but…

When you boot up Tower Unite and you have an existing GMod Tower account, it will prompt you with a conversion window.

From there the converter will match items, awards, etc. that exist in Tower Unite. If an item or award does not exist in Tower Unite, it will credit you the full GMC worth of it, but in Units (the new currency).

As for your GMC, it will transfer into Units. There may be a transaction adjustment, similar to different currencies in real countries, to appropriately scale the value for Tower Unite’s new economy.

The converter will only require user confirmation. It will neatly and graphically show every conversion made.

The conversion will only occur once per account.
[/quote]

Also, for next time, please post this in the Questions section instead of the Suggestions section. Thank you!

Aw gee, I bet people with Starfox trophies are gonna be sad.

They had Starfox their lives, and now, in their hearts. :sunny:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help so the donators from indiegoo get perks or gmodtower donators or both?

Indiegogo backers get bonus stuff in Tower Unite. GMTower donators will also get their own special stuff in TU, for example an exclusive condo layout.