Where's Kevan Brighting?

In the Kickstarter which failed, a stretch goal was to have Kevan Brighting’s voice in the game. Why was that taken out? :frowning:

(Misread Title as “Who’s Kevan Brighting?”. Irrelevant Information Removed)

Kevan Brighting was not included in our latest campaign because we can’t afford him at this time.

1 Like

Good to hear. As much as I love the guy, I’d rather resources be spent elsewhere.

1 Like

Do you think that you could afford him at a later time if the game proves to be successful during the Early Access or the Full Launch?

1 Like

It’s not a good idea to have this honestly. Tower Unite is an open ended game and restricting what can happen through voicework is not really a smart thing. The game is about Player to Player interaction; not the voice work of a one hit indie game ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This doesn’t make sense.
like what

oh no there’s voice acting guess we can’t make some of the game gg

That’s not what I said, I said if they get this acting it will restrict the sort of gameplay the devs want and tarnish the vision :^)

That still makes no sense.
You’re literally talking out your ass.

What I gathered from both campaigns was this game is after emergent gameplay, nothing scripted but rather from player interactions. What I’m suggesting is perhaps the developers have no desire to use this persons voice acting as it does not fit into their new vision of the game. Of course, they could bring him in future, but it would appear this is the reason he is not being included now. Either that or he spiked the price up :^)

The goal for the kickstarter was literally twice that of the indiegogo. They don’t have the funds to pay for his voice work.
Where's Kevan Brighting?:

(^: