What's zombie massacres identity?

I had questions about this in GMT but never gotten around to asking, but since it’s starting re-development again now feels like a good time to ask.

What is the core focus with zombie massacre this time around? In GMT it felt like it was trying to be two different things. Both a Survival and a Competition. And because of this it felt like it was conflicting with itself. Let me explain.

The core way of making money (Besides being the one killing the boss.) was to get the most kills. Which lives up to the gamemodes name Zombie Massacre. But it also had a element of survival where if you died 3 times you HAD to be revived from a player. Which lead to situations where other players would outright ignore you so they can get the most kills and achieve the most money. There was also a medic class that was heavily underplayed because again, killing makes money, not surviving. Making the idea of players working together feel like an afterthought.

So again, what’s the core focus? Survival or Competition. Because I don’t think it can be both. If I had to pick I’d personally pick competition because it’s much more casual then survival and it fits the name way more.

4 Likes

We plan to offer both based on the maps.

5 Likes

That was extremely fast. Are you able to go into more detail?

1 Like

I think that he is talking about 2 gamemodes. One cooperative and the other one is you, some players and a leaderbord

Talking about ZM’s identity, should we expect more down-to-earth zombies and locations, or… you know… mutants and giant spiders from hell?

1 Like

I hope the two types based on maps are (waves survived + team efficiency = units)
Which would be the hardest and better paying.

And old Zombie Massacre (self sufficiency = units)
For the solo queuing kind of players that follow mutual teamwork but don’t focus on it.

2 Likes

The first mode is the original arena gametype that is more competitive. The second mode is a campaign with emphasis on survival and coop.

7 Likes

Will we be able to play solo or will it require a certain amount of players?

Solo will be available.

7 Likes