Welcome to Open Trivia DB!

Hi everyone again!

While we’ve been hard working on 0.1.1.0, @Caboose700 has been working hard on a new Trivia Database website. It’s a great new website that’s free for anyone to use for easy access to user submitted trivia questions.

We’re really excited about this little side project and we plan to use the questions that are submitted for Tower Unite’s own trivia game!

So head on over, we made it really easy for you to submit trivia questions!

22 Likes

Awesome!

Now I can share my knowledge!

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll get submitting as much as I can.

This is amazing. Now to think of some questions to submit. :slight_smile:

Neat

I’ve been using the site for a while now and really like how easy it is to submit questions. Although I’ve run into a bug. I was trying to edit the correct answer to one of my questions while it is still unverified and I was greeted with this.

Other than this bug, the site has been a joy to use. Also, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. :slight_smile:

This system looks fancy and very useful. Good job :slight_smile:

Just fixed that!

1 Like

Awesome, though the system doesn’t allow for the correct answer to be ‘false’.

This is now fixed.

Fantastic! Submitting a few questions now. I like this idea :grin:

Since anyone can contribute people should be able to up and down vote questions in tower unite and the votes correlate to how often it appears and if a question gets enough downvotes it is removed.

1 Like

That’s not how the database works, I don’t think a vote system like you are suggesting is even possible. In any case, it shouldn’t be a problem since the amount of questions will continue to grow. Ideally, there will be so many questions in the database to pull from that the chances of seeing a repeat is slim to none.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s impossible, websites like http://www.willyoupressthebutton.com/ have the exact same feature - after you are decided whether or not to press the button, you are prompted with “How do you rate this scenario?” And you choose “Good” or “Bad”.

The better question is, SHOULD we do that? I think yes, it helps to sort the system. But I’m not the one to decide, I don’t even know how the whole concept of Trivia will be handled.

I hope that you’ve disabled error reporting and only activated logging aswell. Helps hiding your infrastructure and keeps it more secure overall.

Is there a way to check on the status of my submitted questions? I’d like to be able to get a notification if they’re added.

You can type your username into search and switch the query from “Question” to “User.” If you have any approved questions, they will show up. I don’t think notifications are set up, but that would be a cool little thing to add.

Yeah, I mentioned doing notifications to Caboose. I believe it’s something he’ll be working on or considering.

As far as voting up or down on trivia questions - that’s not the purpose of this database.

This database is an unbiased, factual collection of trivia questions. The database can be used by many other people than just us, which is what we hope for some day in the future. Before Open Trivia DB, there really wasn’t a trivia API that provided easy access to questions in a simple data form that programmers can use for their games.

I can’t wait to start tapping into all the questions for Tower Unite. The more we get, the better the trivia games will be.

4 Likes

I’d love to contribute but I still haven’t received my email verification (and I registered yesterday).