Weekly Dev Log for September 23rd, 2019
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for September 23rd, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since September 16th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.
GMod Tower: Reunion
GMod Tower: Reunion is out now! Read all about how to join here.
@macdguy worked on gameplay code for “Ring God”, the unnamed maze wheel game, and the unnamed wheel spinner game.
@Gloves continued working on button press animations for “Captain Calypso’s Planetary Piano”, as well as creating Zombie Animations for the “House of the Zombies” arcade game.
@wheezwer worked on art for the “House of the Zombies” cabinet.
@madmijk is working on “Captain Calypso’s Planetary Piano”, currently working on the scoring and figuring out multiplayer, including how to divide the scoring between the two players during the new time trial game mode.
@JJosh continued working on new plushies for the Arcade, as well as some props for the Shooting Gallery.
"House of the Zombies" Cabinet Art WIP
"House of the Zombies" Zombie Animations WIP
Shooting Gallery Props WIP
@macdguy finished the poker rewrite, and updated the poker HUD so that it’s no longer completely full screen.
Updated Poker HUD WIP
Scoreboard Plaza Map
@macdguy continued working on the plaza map for the new scoreboard that will show players where people are in the plaza, provide information about the area, as well as allowing the player to fast travel to locations.
Scoreboard Plaza Map WIP
Minigolf General Polish
@macdguy worked on a flame effect for the minigolf ball when the ball is hit at full speed, as well as updating the Minigolf HUD and improving the player name font
Minigolf Flame Effects WIP
Minigolf Updated Font WIP
Minigolf Updated HUD OLD vs NEW WIP
Virus General Polish
@macdguy improved the Virus infected skin.
Virus Updated Skin WIP
@macdguy added vomit decals.
Vomit System WIP
@Johanna spent time last week down-scaling the Plaza by 15%. There were several reasons this was done.
- The plaza will feel a bit less intimidating, and more cozy.
- Distances between objects have been slightly decreased. For example, the lighthouse and roller coaster are the same size as before, but the distance between them is 15% smaller.
- Some areas and doorways around the main plaza are no longer cartoonishly large in comparison to the player. The world no longer feels like a world for giants.
- These changes only affect the plaza. No other part of the game is affected.
- Not all areas of the plaza have been downsized. The main areas have been, but several interiors, such as the theater, laser tag, bowling, and casino, have not.
- The smaller main areas will increase the ratio of players to empty space, making the plaza more fitting for the current number of players.
@Johanna also started preparing Lobby 3 for the holiday events, setting up the event system to allow for Halloween and Winter props to be spawned, as well as fog and snow.
Zombie Massacre: Acrophobia
@Lifeless continued working on Acrophobia.
Bug Fixes / Optimizations
@Sketchman continued working on fixing the networking issues regarding Workshop models. He also fixed a bug where new players would have their unit count listed as -1, and started setting up the new in-house server browser.
@Caboose700 finished working on the in-house server browser (which provides for easier server look up and matchmaking) solution.
Wrap It Up
That about covers everything that happened since September 16th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!