Weekly Dev Log for September 10th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for September 10th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of September 10th, 2018. Here’s what the dev team was up to this week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

A slightly shorter log this week due to Labor day!

Workshop

Mac has continued getting workshop closer for a first release, allowing users to preview workshop wearables while editing offsets, adding checks before upload to ensure uploaded files meet requirements set by us (for example, under a certain file size and vertex count). We’re getting real close to releasing the first version of Workshop support, and most remaining work is ironing out some small issues.

An example of Workshop wearables in-game

Arcade

Johanna has continued her work with the arcade, working primarily on a light-gun cabinet. She completed the model for both a single and double variant.

Emotes/Emote System

Alex has further continued working on some upcoming dance emotes, as well as. Err. This.

Mac has also been working on the emote system, allowing for prop support. A good example of this is the golf drive animations with the golf club.

Wearables System

Mac has also finished with an improved wearable system, allowing for improved minigolf offsets and per player model hat offsets. This was done to also help with the upcoming wearables in workshop (as displayed above in the Workshop section).

Weapons

Chris has been working on a new weapon, the Vaporizer, as well

Block out

More detail

View with the reload doors open

Misc

Lifeless has continued working on Project ##

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

20 Likes

that anonymous emote though bloody amazing
great work guys cant wait for workshop, arcade, emotes, and new weapons (that will be in SDNL)
also i still have no idea what Project ## is

2 Likes

Workshop is so close I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Getting some heavy EPG (titanfall) vibes from the Vaporizer. Love seeing the new weapon models.

Love the lightgun cabinet! Cannot wait for Time Crisis clones to play with friends!!!

Are there plans for more arcade cabinet types, like driving arcades?

1 Like

I see what you did there

3 Likes

Love that Anonymous emote also I see the Jazztronauts reference there.

I still think project ## could be Halloween stuff

Please explain to me how this is a reference?

1 Like

Do you not see the Jazztronauts shard sitting in the background, on the left side of the TU picture?

I think it’s confetti.

1 Like

It’s confetti

1 Like

yep, it is confetti, just thought “hey that looks like the jazztronauts shard”

So with the offset stuff, does that mean the regular playermodels’ hat offsets will be fixed in this update or will that be coming out later down the line? (I know that the human models are still placeholder)

That lightgun cabinet is awesome!!

The wearable offset settings have me way more excited than I probably should be!
No more weird, floaty hats sitting just above everyone’s heads. :joy:

1 Like

An actual reference would be pretty neat, though. Something like a randomly spawning shard that you could find and put into your condo, a hidden advert for Samsara or the Cellist very rarely replacing Kalleira.
Then again, it’s possible that one or both of the developer teams wouldn’t want to do something like that.

1 Like