Weekly Dev Log for October 8th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for October 8th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of October 8th, 2018. Here’s what everyone was up to last week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

0.6.1.0 Progress

Workshop

Update 0.6.1.0 brings some changes and improvements to the Workshop System.

• Metadata is now loaded before loading the model, which should prevent situations where a model would load and then snap to it’s correct scale.
  • The Jetpack now uses to the back offset for Workshop Models.
  • Flying pet code was cleaned up and support was added for Workshop offsets.
  • A function was added so that the user can be notified if the number of bones in their model is incorrect.
  • A setting as added so that users can block all Workshop Player Models, but allow the use of Workshop Items inside of the condo.
  • Translucent Material Support was added to Workshop Items and Playermodels. An alpha mask and the use of TGA or PNG is required, as well as clicking a new checkmark on Workshop upload indicating that the item has transparent materials.
  • When updating a workshop item, the current version of the workshop item in the cache is cleared so creators can view the latest version.
  • Workshop Player Models with a smaller scale no longer walk slower than normal sized Player Models.
  • A view for favorited player models is now visible on the appearance editor for quicker access to your favorited player models.

Condos

A new feature was added that allows the host of the condo to disallow the use of Laser Pointers, Magic Trampolines, Jetpacks, Speed Modifier Items, and/or potions.

Global Chat

A setting as added to show global chat messages from players who are in the same server as you in the local chat.

Gizmos

The UI for Gizmos was fixed up a bit, and a Vector Display widget was added. Gizmo support was also implemented and is now usable.

Weapon Progress

Chris finished working on the Mass Cannon.

Mass Cannon: Side Views

Mass Cannon: First Person View

Achievement Assets

@Madmijk has been working on assets for the upcoming Achievements system.

Arcade

@Johanna has been working on the new Arcade interior.

Optimizations

Rob continued looking into optimizations, such as simplification of some of the collision models.

Emotes

Alex continued working on new emotes for the game.

Misc

@Lifeless has continued working on Project 23.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened last week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

11 Likes

I’m a bit new, so excuse my ignorance, but does this mean 0.6.1.0 is ready to go, or this is just showing the progress of it?

Also that mass cannon looks very Halo-esque.

It’s just showing 0.6.1.0’s progress.

2 Likes

Ah, okay, thanks. Seems like it’s getting closer. I’m pretty excited for a few of these features.

1 Like

:thinking:

6 Likes

These devlogs are just a way to show us everything they worked on the past week. In this case, they mainly worked on the new update this past week.

2 Likes

Exactly what I saw as well lol

wow you can use those weapons to clean poo from the toilet because of how much power the weapons have its like a magic toilet stone blaster

edit: atleast thats what they look like to me

Thank god this games still a thing i am glad to see you guys keep on working on it I loved this game in its late years of Garry’s mod tower please keep up the good work and I love the new workshop stuff :smiley:

1 Like

wait, are these weapons for SDNL or Virus?

SDNL they are for

1 Like

nice, thanks