Weekly Dev Log for October 8th, 2018
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of October 8th, 2018. Here’s what everyone was up to last week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.
Update 0.6.1.0 brings some changes and improvements to the Workshop System.
- Metadata is now loaded before loading the model, which should prevent situations where a model would load and then snap to it’s correct scale.
- The Jetpack now uses to the back offset for Workshop Models.
- Flying pet code was cleaned up and support was added for Workshop offsets.
- A function was added so that the user can be notified if the number of bones in their model is incorrect.
- A setting as added so that users can block all Workshop Player Models, but allow the use of Workshop Items inside of the condo.
- Translucent Material Support was added to Workshop Items and Playermodels. An alpha mask and the use of TGA or PNG is required, as well as clicking a new checkmark on Workshop upload indicating that the item has transparent materials.
- When updating a workshop item, the current version of the workshop item in the cache is cleared so creators can view the latest version.
- Workshop Player Models with a smaller scale no longer walk slower than normal sized Player Models.
- A view for favorited player models is now visible on the appearance editor for quicker access to your favorited player models.
A new feature was added that allows the host of the condo to disallow the use of Laser Pointers, Magic Trampolines, Jetpacks, Speed Modifier Items, and/or potions.
A setting as added to show global chat messages from players who are in the same server as you in the local chat.
The UI for Gizmos was fixed up a bit, and a Vector Display widget was added. Gizmo support was also implemented and is now usable.
Chris finished working on the Mass Cannon.
Mass Cannon: Side Views
Mass Cannon: First Person View
@Madmijk has been working on assets for the upcoming Achievements system.
@Johanna has been working on the new Arcade interior.
Rob continued looking into optimizations, such as simplification of some of the collision models.
Alex continued working on new emotes for the game.
@Lifeless has continued working on Project 23.
Wrap It Up
That about covers everything that happened last week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!