Weekly Dev Log for March 2nd, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for March 2nd, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of March 2nd, 2018. If you haven’t heard, we’ve recently retired our old Daily Dev Log in favor of the Weekly Dev Log, which will allow us to give a broader picture and explain things in plain English, while also including some photos from development. Without further ado, let’s get started.

Tower Unite 0.4.1.0 Update

Status

Tower Unite 0.4.1.0 is in the final stages of getting wrapped up and ready to be shipped out. We’re hoping to release the update over the weekend, so stay tuned for the Steam Announcement.

Free Condo Tools

We’ve also decided to make all Condo Portable Tools completely free (including the Copycat)! When you start up the game, you’ll be given these Condo Tools for no Unit cost. Any purchased Copycat tools will be refunded to you in full automatically.

Free Condo Tools

Zombie Massacre

Item Progress

@Madmijk worked on tweaking the construction sounds, and adding a simple collision to the Turret item. He made a particle system for when the Orbital Laser beacon catching on fire, and started working on the Makeshift Bomb item for the Maniac class.

Art

Minigun

@Matt started working on the Minigun weapon, starting on the high poly.

Zombie Models

@Wergulz continued working on the Zombie Model, having to rebuild the rig and continued skinning it.

Music

@donglekumquat continued working on the music, working on Round 3, and set up some fiberglass panels up in his studio.

Minigolf: Kingdom

@Johanna has continued making progress on the Kingdom map for Minigolf. She created some new holes, conducted optimization passes, and worked on new art.

Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #1 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #2 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #3 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #4 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #5 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #6 Minigolf | Kingdom: Development Photo #7

Tower Express

@Caboose700 has been wrapping up progress on the main systems. This week he finished the UI and systems for mass selling items. Next, he’ll be conducting some code reviews and cleanup, and setting up the live environment. The current plan is to release Tower Express in its current state to let people play with it, with the understanding that the UI will become more refined as the project moves forward. Stay tuned for any announcements regarding Tower Express going live.

Tower Express System Demo (Buying, Viewing Orders, Selling)

Steam Workshop Progress

More work was done on Steam Workshop this week, mainly experiments with creating skeletal meshes at runtime as opposed to them being created beforehand outside the engine.

Furniture

@JJosh has been working on more furniture items this week, finishing up the bar counter item, and starting work on Sake and Whiskey Bottle items.

Art

@krionikal continued working on the first person hand, currently rigging it.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. We’ll see you all next week, and have a great weekend!

22 Likes

Ok im sold on this update now

2 Likes

Oh i got so much stuff im gonna build with these babies.

He who wields a minigun, fears not.

Someone’s gonna develop an alcohol addiction im sure of it

2 Likes

Guys…? Pretty sure I’m not late this time

SAKE!.

sorry bad meme

HOLD UP! They mixed Little Crusaders with Minigolf? Alright. You got me, i’m going to play Minigolf now.

1 Like

I thought you were only adding the Scientist.

Idk how I feel about being able to order from The Stray. It’s a secret shop, after all, with the intention of being hard to find, what with him wandering about. If we could order things online from that shop, finding it ingame would be much more than trivial.

Uh…she doesn’t wander. Also, she really isn’t all that hard to find. I do agree, though, that we shouldn’t be able to order from her.

The Stray won’t be purchasable from Tower Express, it’s just there for testing.

3 Likes