Weekly Dev Log for June 29th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for June 29th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of June 29th, 2018. If you haven’t heard, we’ve recently retired our old Daily Dev Log in favor of the Weekly Dev Log, which will allow us to give a broader picture and explain things in plain English, while also including some photos from development. Without further ado, let’s get started.

0.5.0.1 Patch

This week we released the 0.5.0.1 patch, which helped resolve some issues that were introduced in the 0.5.0.0 update. We also released a follow up hotfix a couple days later, to address further some issues that were caused by the initial 0.5.0.1 patch. You can read a full changelog, with the hotfix notes, here.

Slaughterday Night Live

Matchlock Tanegashima

Chris started working on the next item for SDNL, the Matchlock Tanegashima. This week he completed the initial blockout of the weapon, and started creation of the high poly.

Matchlock Tanegashima: First Person View WIP

Matchlock Tanegashima: Front Overview WIP

Matchlock Tanegashima: Back Overview WIP

Katana

Alex animated three swish attacks for the Katana.

M32 Grenade Launcher

Alex finished up all of the animations for the M32 Grenade Launcher, leaving them in a ready state to be imported into Unreal.

Upcoming Items

@JJosh continued working on new items for Tower. This week he worked on a Donut Life Ring, Sunglasses, Jump Pad, Summer Hat, Flamingo Pool Item, Diving Mask, Scuba Mask, and Bleachers.

Upcoming Items Preview

Global Chat

@macdguy worked this week getting global chat working, using the new chat UI designed last year. This week he worked on getting it connected to the Global Chat server, and worked on adding global event messages (such as players starting games), avatars, and message stylings.

Global Chat Tests

Minigolf: Kingdom

@Johanna continued working on Kingdom, aiming to release it very soon. This week, she worked on adjusting course overview cameras, adjusting difficulty, fixing light maps, finishing the art for Hole 17, and starting the art for Hole 18.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. We’ll see you all next week, and have a great weekend!

19 Likes

i like the new cosmetic summer , cant wait for the new map and global chat is gonna be great being able to talk to anyone in the game rather than only being able to speak to people in the same server as you.

1 Like

I see you back there, relaxing girl.
Anyway, those new clothes and chat previews are looking fresh even if you are just totally 100% enabling bolo. Keep up the good work.

1 Like
6 Likes

she’ll relax until her hands slip and she hits her head on the bleacher and yells

So, the global chat is moderated? Awesome!
Is it auto-moderated, or by the devs?

I’m really looking forward to those new hats, I always love more options to customize our avatars.

Still hoping for better offsets for older hats, especially on the mini golf ball. :crossed_fingers:

Moderated by devs.

Those pool tubes are 10/10. Curious if that bleacher easter egg is a preview of emotes or just a new sitting position specific to bleachers. Also @Lauty made a suggestion with a mockup the other day for the cat sack back item to have a snorkel when your underwater and now it’d be even easier to implement.

Didn’t see this coming, Katana is the funnest melee weapon in ZM to me. Happy to see its getting some extra detail, I hope with this polish it becomes a milestone reward, but I don’t know if any of the ZM weapons are planned to be viewed first person.

1 Like

I need that flamingo tube you don’t understand

oh my god the flamingo and donut tubes look sick

1 Like

I think they are getting animated for SDNL so we will be getting a first person model for it at least in that gameworld.

1 Like

Hoping the flamingo pool floaty has a reference to the song in it’s tooltip. Can’t wait for this!