Weekly Dev Log for July 22nd, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for July 22nd, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for July 22nd, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since July 15th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Arcade Progress

@Wheezwer and @Johanna continued working on the Arcade Machine art.

@Johanna worked on a 4 player arcade cabinet for 2D/3D multiplayer games, along with finishing the new Whack-a-mole cabinets.

@Wheezwer worked on artwork for two Whack-a-mole machines, Whack-a-mole and Bug Bytes, and two new arcade posters. She also continued working on the murals for walls of the arcade.

@macdguy worked on the logic for Whack-a-mole, Bug Bytes (multiplayer whack-a-mole), and Tornado machines. He also continued improving feedback for Ring God and The Offering (Ball Toss). Work was done on the arcade base, adding multiplayer scoring. He also worked on some fixes for Garden, Treasure Cove, adjusted sea dollar earn rates to be easier, and added Balloon Shoot combo support.

@Madmijk continued work on the Captain Calypso’s Planetary Piano, creating a solo play mode.

Gloves continued working on animations for Arcade.

@Will finished the Woodlands song and continued working on sounds for various arcade machines.

Several machines were worked on this week.

Whack-a-mole & Bug Bytes WIP Artwork

Planetary Piano WIP Gameplay Solo

Whack-a-mole WIP Gameplay

Bug Bytes (multiplayer whack-a-mole) WIP Gameplay

The Offering (ball toss) WIP Gameplay

Little Birde Feeders WIP Gameplay

Ring God WIP Gameplay

Accelerate Progress

@Lifeless has been been working on another Accelerate level. This one is one based off our early Kickstarter level we showed off.

Super Early Screenshot

Misc

@Sketch fixed a typo in the new Tiny Potion ad.

Code Optimizations

@Sketch finished work on the memory leaks and optimizations for now. This week he fixed an audio related leak, various async leaks, and resolved Workshop VRAM issues. All of these fixes are now part of the Woodlands update. He also finished the workshop culling optimizations, which we’ll be putting out a patch for soon. And lastly, he fixed issues with related to dev-builds that prevented us from performing certain types of debugging/profiling.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since July 15th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

33 Likes

Why are you so fast with the Arcade? Please slow down, I want it for 2100 or nothing.

4 Likes

will the workshop fix the issues wih the game stuttering when getting near people with workshop skins in the plaza?

Please keep the sounds for Little Birde Feeders.

1 Like

I love reading these so much, work on the arcade seems to be going by pretty fast, keep it up!

3 Likes

The fix should really help with managing loading/unloading the models overall.

7 Likes

Really excited for everything including all those optimizations.

5 Likes

thanks for the fast reply

2 Likes

That sound for hitting the moles is terrifying :eyes:

1 Like

you can always use -NOTEXTURESTREAMING on startup, from what I’m aware it loads up all the necessities when you load into plaza so that it doesn’t stutter when you go places, but that doesn’t stop when a player joins. I think.

What did the Tiny Potion poster say before?

Looking real good, can’t wait!

1 Like

ill try that out thanks for the tip

Looking great guys, I’m really stoked :’)

How are they going too fast with the Arcade? If anything it is taking awhile and people are eager for it to come out.

Hes talking about how much the devs have gameplay to show each time, not the fact that they’re going too fast i think

When is this patch gonna come out?

Lots of good stuff here!

1 Like

i hopes Whack-a-mole sound gonna change. But arcade games look insane keep it good

I love it!:+1: