Weekly Dev Log for January 15th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for January 15th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for January 15th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since January 8th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Lobby 3

Work continues on Lobby 3, and with it brings a new feature to the condo lobby. In Lobby 3, players will now be able to see what map each condo is using, as their condo door be themed towards their selected map.

Lobby 3: Themed Condo Door Art (Default Condo, Underwater Condo, Art Studio)

Steam Achievements, Stats, Leaderboards, and Badges/Milestones

Work continued this week on many aspects of this system. New achievements and milestones were added, and many were actually implemented into the game. The overall Achievement / Milestone UI got an upgrade as well, showing the player’s updated global high score, and a description of the achievement they just unlocked. Work has also started on the achievement icons, of which 121 out of the currently 336 achievements have been created so far.

Achievement / Milestone UI WIP

Global High Score Element

WIP EXP Bar

Achievement Icons

Ball Race

Ball Race received some updates as well this week. An issue where hosts would be able to start moving slightly before the other players has been fixed. Melons now are picked up instantly on clients, instead of there being a small delay due to networking. Another issue where the effect when a player completes a level would be delayed due to bad ping was also resolved. Finally, the pickup and popping effects has been improved.

Ball Race: Melon Pickup Delay Fix (Before / After)

Bowling

Bowling also got some fixes, including a fix where scores wouldn’t update instantly. An issue where workshop models would be larger than they should have been was fixed, as well as an issue where the bowling location was too small, which allowed placement of fireworks in some areas. The media player in the Party Room is now usable as well.

Bug Fixes and Changes

• Optimized and decreased the amount of time it takes to open the settings menu.
  • Optimized the inventory manager menu when you are not on the tab.
  • Reworked the pause menu to load much faster than previously.
  • Fixed an issue where players in sleighs would cause issues with teleporters.
  • Fixed animation timings with Player Movement
  • Fixed instruments not being playable in the Lobby
  • Fixed LOD Draw Distance being too small for the Typing Derby Stools

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since January 8th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

31 Likes

Can’t wait to get number 1, i hope

3 Likes

Can’t wait :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah im gonna hunt achievements :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh god the achievement stamps are so pretty

3 Likes

Personal opinion here but I feel like the unit rewards should be higher, at least the progression ones! Jumping a bunch of times in the plaza and you only get… 5000 units? I feel the same way for a bunch of the other ones. Sure, there’s a bunch of achievements so you might earn a total of a million or more but I feel like the rewards should be wayyy higher. In the thousands, probably. Just my opinion but I’d like to hear others as well, including the developers reasoning behind these numbers! Good work, tho’, heckin’ hyped.

11 Likes

Ever since I bought the game the thing I wanted the most was the achievements and milestones. I can’t wait to be hearing Sunshine day over 336 times!

For the achievement icons section, if the achievement ‘Play Tower Unite for a Week’ time is meant to be in minutes, shouldn’t it be 10080 minutes, not 10800 minutes?

1 Like

Those icons look really cool! Can’t wait for the achievement update to come out, and the Ball Race fixes are great too.

(Also the “Start as infected 20 times” achievement’s bar says 0/10 instead of 0/20. Double also for Best Pickup Line you can’t get drunk in Plaza (as far as I know), so how would you get that achievement?)

4 Likes

Some of the achievements have been modified since they were initially uploaded to Steam, and haven’t been changed there yet.

9 Likes

Mistakes I noticed from the screenshots:
*7 days is 10080 minutes, not 10800
*Started as infected 20 times, says 0/10 instead of 0/20

This is being tweaked still. I was thinking about this before and doing:

Bronze: 1,500
Silver: 5,000
Gold: 10,000
Diamond: 25,000

10 Likes

I would say those values are fine, I think it doesn’t have to be that high since the actual reward is going to be levelling up and collecting the milestone rewards

5 Likes

Whilst the other rewards and levelling up is nice and all. What if we don’t want gameworld based items? (Since levelling up gives a gameworld catsack or something)
Just me though, I think the ones mac posted are pretty good reward amounts

Yeah I’m happy with the 1500/5000/etc rewards Mac posted. It isn’t even a lot and we won’t be swimming in units, but it’s significant enough that it’ll actually feel like a reward.

2 Likes

Will we be able to see the levels of other players?

2 Likes

Yes.

7 Likes

now i can judge my peers with ease

will we be able to customise the doors to our condos? i think that would be a nice idea, say you could put up a advertisement or somthing to persuade the player to come to your condo

Yeah, we want to add ways to advertise and make your Condo door different than others.

9 Likes