Weekly Dev Log for February 3rd, 2020

it definitely makes the game more lively

1 Like

man, i cant believe they are coming tomorrow

7 Likes

Will the 4.19 update fix things with bowling, like sounds not playing when you hit the pins and the ball going through all the pins and only hitting back row?

According to Mac on the 4.19 Public Beta tread, the physics in bowling are better now. Don’t know if that’ll fix the audio problem, but I would think it would fix the collision with the pins.

2 Likes

@macdguy, what are your thoughts regarding removing a few servers in order to get higher player counts in one server? I feel like with a giant map and only ~20-30 players online, it gets easy to feel lonely. In my opinion, TU and GMT has always been about interacting with other players!

2 Likes

At the moment with our current engine issues, we’ve had to reduce the player count to make the plaza’s operate.

With the Unreal Engine 4.19 upgrade, we’ve run a beta test and seem to be able to run plaza’s at 64 players again, so once that migration is pushed out, we’re planning on running fewer servers with larger player counts.

9 Likes

Will there still be at least one of each region, instead of the current 3 or 4? (ie. New York and San Francisco?) Despite being closer, I get worse ping on New York servers than I do on San Fran servers, so I’d hope those servers would remain.

Yes, the idea would to have 2 64 player servers per region, while keeping 2 in reserve in the event that there’s a influx of players.

12 Likes