Weekly Dev Log for February 28th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for February 28th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for February 28th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since February 21st, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.7.0.0

Everyone on the team is all hands on deck working to get Update 0.7.0.0 ready for release. Update 0.7.0.0 will bring with it Achievements, Milestones, and Stats, along with the first phase of Lobby 3.

Lobby 3

The first phase of Lobby 3 will be released in Update 0.7.0.0. Due to the massive amount of changes that Lobby 3 will bring, we’re releasing it in phases as it’s being worked on. This first phase contains Lobby 3 as a playable and optimized map, but it isn’t finished and doesn’t represent the final vision for Lobby 3. Future phases will raise the level of polish on the map, as well as adding some missing buildings such as the Bumper Cars and Nightclub.

Pool Tubes

More work was done with the Pool Tubs for the Lazy River in Lobby 3. Logic was created to allow pool tubes to be spawned on the player, as well as the creation of Pool Tube Providers which will dispense a pool tube for the player.

Pool Tube Progress

Flamethrower Milestone

A flamethrower milestone was created, which allows the player to shoot flames at people or objects.

Flamethrower Milestone

Backend Work

Behind the scenes, work continues on getting the backend systems required for the achievements, milestones, and upgrades finished. Achievements and Milestones are actively being tested in preparation for their release.

Steam Stat Leaderboard Progress

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since February 21st, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

32 Likes

So exciting! You guys have been making amazing progress and I’m so glad we’ll be seeing Lobby 3 with achievements!

7 Likes

nice, can’t wait to incinerate the enemies of dave

4 Likes

I can just imagine a elephant or a car in the lazy river right now. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Flamethrowers are a perfect gift, can’t wait to see the look on KORBYS face when I accidentally burn his house down.

but seriously though you guys are doing such amazing work, and its really awesome to see how much has changed just over 3 years! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I need this ASAP.

Why? Uh, no reason…

did somebody say B u m b e r C a r s ? ? ? ?

3 Likes

No.

1 Like

P O O L T U B E S
yosssssssss

The OP does actually mention Bumper Cars

I was replying to @JonLasaga. EDIT: Oh, I thought you said pool tubes.

Will just the buildings (bumpercars, nightclub) get added or also their function?

it will in the future
they’re just putting the design of the bumpercars building in at the moment

Ah nice! I love the idea of it coming out in phases. It reinforces the concept of it being like a construction site. If you were rebuilding it IRL, it wouldn’t happen overnight. It would gradually be made, building up to the final result.
Also I know that there are other reasons why you are doing it gradually but I like to think of it that way

2 Likes

I honestly can’t wait to check out the new upgrades store, even if there isn’t anything to buy in it I bet it will look really good.

2 Likes

Its toasty time

1 Like

Yup! Stuff always does in this game.
Also, were you once regular? You’d make a better one than me.

1 Like

Nah I was never a regular, only if you count going to the forums back in 2016 and being an illiterate child as being a regular.

1 Like

I am sure you’re going to get it soon. Honestly, you’re always active (in a good way)!

1 Like

Meh. The flame thrower looks cool and all but I am waiting for Cave Johnson’s combustible lemons! Then I could burn people house down with the lovely smell of burnt wood and lemon in the air