Weekly Dev Log for February 13th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for February 13th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for February 13th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since February 6th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.6.6.4

Work continues on Update 0.6.6.4, which not only will replace the older backend systems with newer ones required for Achievements, Upgrades, and Milestones, but also includes some bug fixes and some new additions, such as Vote Kicking. You can view the current progress here.

Vote Kick

With Update 0.6.6.4, players can now vote kick disruptive players from their games. Only one vote kick can be active at a time, and the player who initiated the vote kick must wait a minute before requesting another vote kick. Once a player is vote kicked, they will not be able to join the game again until it is over.

Vote Kick UI

Lobby 3

@Johanna @Lifeless and @Madmijk continued working on Lobby 3. Last week, @Lifeless posted some teaser images of the new Store Area, and @macdguy posted some videos of the pets and the toy train inside of the Toy Stop.

Lobby 3 Shopping District WIP

Lobby 3 Toy Stop Pets WIP

Lobby 3 Toy Stop Train WIP

Lobby 3 Minigame Circle WIP

Weapon Zoom

@macdguy finished working on a system that would allow zoom to be added to weapons. His first implementation of zoom was done on the Crossbow, which can be used during the Plaza Minigames.

Weapon Zoom

Weapon Zoom Viewfinder

Achievements, Milestones, Upgrades, and Stats

Work has continued on creating the several milestone items. 125 new stats were added to track various things, such as how many shots a player takes with each weapon in Virus and Zombie Massacre, among other things.

Milestone Item: Throwable Popcorn

Milestone Item: Firework Launcher

Milestone Item: Text Hat

Milestone Item: Miniature Ferris Wheel

Milestone Item: Little Crusaders Knight Playermodel

Milestone Item: Little Crusaders Sword and Shield

Item: Camera (not a milestone, but has achievements related to it)

Backend Work

Behind the scenes, work continues on getting the backend systems required for the achievements, milestones, and upgrades finished.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since February 6th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

36 Likes

ayy cool beans achievement time almost
its goal o’ clock

1 Like

Upon my blade i will slay any beast in my way.
Or lightly stun them.

I guess you can say 0.7.0.0 is…

a big achievement. haha get it?

2 Likes

will the ferris wheel be rideable?

That is one of my goals.

11 Likes

Is the camera going to have a flash effect like GMod? Is it spammable?

Really loving how Lobby 3 is looking, especially those trees and banners. Reminds me of a really upscale oudoor mall. Keep it up guys!!

It has a flash, yes. You can spam it (the flash is a bit rate limited though to avoid causing visual strain). The noise can be adjusted with the noise maker volume slider.

7 Likes

Looking better and better each week. Keep up the awesome work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Afaik, Mini-Ferris-Wheel will not be rideable. It’s just a miniature, for your condo f.e.

ah, ok, thanks, Umbra. I misunderstood macdguy’s post.

[Edit]:
About the weapon zoom - the lines and curves below the middle-point are just cosmetics without any use, right? Will there be any use at a later time?

1 Like

Will we beable to use a tiny potion and ride the toy train in the toy store?

If like most moving things in TU, yes. But you’ll get knocked off the moment you hit those low bridges.

1 Like

Pretty sure he means if we’ll be able to interact with it and actually ride it. Unlikely but that’d be super cool

text hats are the greatest thing from gmt

3 Likes

Will we be able to choose between all the knights as the playermodel or just the esquire?

You can toggle each with a hot key. Right now it’s set to reload, but I want to make a new binding for it.

5 Likes

weekly dev log for february 20th, 2019 or riot

1 Like