Weekly Dev Log for December 31st, 2018
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for December 31st, 2018, detailing all the changes that have happened since December 17th, 2018. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.
Lobby 3 Announced
On December 23rd, we unveiled Lobby 3, which was being worked on under project code 23. Lobby 3 will be the next generation of the Lobby, which contains a new and improved layout, along with amazing remastered art, which makes Lobby 3 not only look better than Lobby 2, but perform better as well.
Lobby 3 Announcement Video
The Vehicle Base, which will be the base code for all vehicles in Tower Unite, including the RC Cars, Bumper Cars, Planet Panic, and Accelerate got some improvements. A health system, boosting support, and braking support was integrated into the vehicle base.
An RC Golf Cart was created as a milestone for Minigolf, an RC UFO was created as a milestone for Planet Panic (which also serves as the base UFO for Planet Panic rework), and an RC Helicopter was created as a milestone for Zombie Massacre. Work completed on the RC Airplane and work continues on the RC Boat.
RC Vehicle Progress WIP
As work progressed on the Vehicle Base, this code was integrated into the Bumper Cars, allowing them to be drivable and bumpable.
Bumper Cars Progress WIP
Work also began with the Dart Board, including art and throwing mechanics.
Darts Debug WIP
Darts Throwing Mechanics WIP
A huge chunk of milestones were completed. The list includes the Golf Club, Golf Bag, RC Golf Cart, Throwable Bowling Ball, Throwable Bowling Pin, Double Barrel Shotgun, Infection Flame Particle, Sonic Shotgun, Infected Attack, Throwable TNT, Radar, Flying Dragon pet, Throwable Keyboard, Laser Tag Gun, Throwable Drink, Throwable Units, Laser Tag Recharger, RC Helicopter (ZM), and RC UFO (Planet Panic).
An improved tugging animation was added to Fishing, along with a change to Fish, making them get scared away instead of just disappearing when the game is ended.
Bug Fixes / Changes
- In Virus, the use time of the Adrenaline was reduced, the Adrenaline effect was updated, and a bug where TNT would not disappear if a player disconnected was resolved. The effects for the Sonic Shotgun were improved, smoke was added to the Flak Hand Cannon, and the TNT item received improved materials.
- In Little Crusaders, an issue with the Birb physics was resolved.
- In Laser Tag, an issue where the Recharge Stations wouldn’t always highlight correctly was resolved.
- The issue where equippable items wouldn’t apply when first loading into a server was resolved.
- A quick hotbar UI element was added, which will briefly show the weapon hotbar when the player switches weapons, so that the player knows what’s equipped.
- Potatoes and Pumpkins now have a sound.
- Character Animations were updated, when a player rotates in space, the player’s player model will no longer spin in place, and instead will slowly rotate when needed.
- An issue where Workshop Player Models would flicker was resolved.
Quick Hotbar UI WIP
A square teleporter item was created, along with the Water Block (however players don’t swim when inside of it just yet).
Upcoming Item: Square Teleporter
Normal office business will resume on January 7th.
Wrap It Up
That about covers everything that happened since December 17th, 2018 at PixelTail Games. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year, and we’ll see you all next week.