Weekly Dev Log for August 13th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for August 13th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of August 13th, 2018. Here’s what the dev team was up to this week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Workshop

Mac has continued working on the ingame workshop editor, reworked the UI for uploading items to workshop, allowed importing of more file types, as well as fixing some issues with workshop itself. He also added a proper tag system to allow users to tag their models when uploading.

Example of tags

Showing off the import process

Virus Music

Will has been working on some more Virus music, you can check it out so far here

Laser Gun

Chris has continued working on the laser gun, including the high poly as well as the UV’s.

Animations

Alex has continued working on the dancing emotes, creating a third dance as well as creating transitions in between certain animations.

Garden Optimization

Mike has continued working on optimizing some of the lightmaps in Garden to help reduce the lightmaps file size as well as time it takes to build lighting in Garden.

Launcher Pad and Teleporter

Mike has also continued working on the launcher pad and teleporter, fixing some issues that came up during testing and adding sound effects.

One example of the great use of teleporters

More items

Josh has been working on even more items, including a bar table and alcohol models. UV’s are in the process of being done.

Misc

Lifeless has continued working on Project ##

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

17 Likes

:sunglasses::smile:

Nice!!!

well that makes it easy to block :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

22 Likes

Excellent work as usual. Also I think project ## is 39.

man dave is my favorite anime character

6 Likes

I’ve wasted another week of my life thanks for telling me again pixeltail!

another dev takes over the weekly dev log

in the next dev log

right ok… @LittleLuke?

either way excited for teleporters and jump pads

Looks like I’m going to have to learn how to 3D model and rig.
I can actually be a gryphon. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I’ll join a Dave fandom

9 Likes

15 Likes

there basically already is one on the discord

I hope to god this is just a joke

Project 39 was confirmed ages ago to be the Lobby One Community Condo

1 Like

So excited for all this to come :smiley:

which thing

the laser pistol looks suspiciously like a toy i once bought with arcade tickets.

1 Like

GOD that virus music slaps so hard

7 Likes

is the blacklist feature going to work with these tags?

3 Likes