Wagers and Achievement Weapons

I remember from one of the developer streams there was a battle arena shown off with some cool functionality. With the introduction of achievements implemented into all the new game modes, I was thinking it would be cool if someone reached a certain milestone within these game worlds, they could unlock unique different weapons with their own abilities that can be used within this battle arena (e.g. fish with knock back from reaching lvl 100 fishing? Idk xD). On top of that, wager could be a cool addition so that if people want to fight with something on the line, they can do so with units to make the fight more intense.

I’m not sure if these suggestions have been made before, or if the dev team have any plans close to this for the arena, but I thought it would be fun to throw a suggestion like this and see how it goes :slight_smile:

P.s If I posted this in the wrong section, apologies for my incompetence xD

I’m fairly sure dueling is being implemented with units on the line.

The weapons suggestion is interesting, if I recall correctly in GMT you picked a weapon to duel with when you offered to duel (eg. I buy a magnum duel, offer to duel you for 10,000 units) and I assume that the implementation will be similar in TU, but I suppose that I could be wrong. Seeing milestone rewards having a use in duels would be interesting, but brings up potential balance issues/powercreep if it wasn’t locked to a specific weapon like in GMT.

If one person unlocked the weapon, maybe both can fight with same weapon to avoid power creep.

That’d make more sense.

If I had to guess though, most milestone weapons (and more) will probably be available to duel with. Maybe even all of them, only ones I can think of that might not work would be the plaza snowball/fireworks/fruit cannons.