Virtual City

I don’t know exactly in which category to put this but here it is:

A Saint Row 5 type of game \ city in which the player can go nuts and fell like a superhero.

This is far too large scope to be a gameworld, and does not fit the type of gameplay in Tower Unite.

16 Likes

Why no GTA 6 Gameworld?

Just wanted to add that you could build a city to mess around with in your condo as well. Plus, with Condo I/O and workshop items, I’m sure it won’t be long before people create some equippable ‘superpowers’ so you can shoot fireballs and all that good stuff.

Basically what I’m saying is that OP could very well make this a custom gamemode in their condo some day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s assume Condo I/O to be turing complete (so basically you can script anything, might just take a load of logic blocks, redstone computers all over again) and condo design tools to continue evolving. TU started as GMT which was a highly specialized GMod server. When do we come full circle? When can every suggestion be answered with “You can do that in your condo yourself”?

1 Like

While I have no idea what Condo I/O will be like, that wasn’t really the point I was trying to go for. The other replies to this thread basically all said that this suggestion was a bit too ambitious and wouldn’t exactly fit into Tower as a feature on its own, which I agree with. I was simply offering a compromise to the OP, saying that if he really wanted to, this sounds like something he could do with Workshop items and some Condo I/O.

Apologies if it sounded like I was implying that all suggestion could be solved with just saying “Do it in a condo”. That really wasn’t my intention :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would be cool if you could actually do anything at all in condos in the future

1 Like

The closest thing to a city in Tower is probably the surrounding area in the Highrise Condo. Gameplay-wise? Tower Unite is a virtual world party game. It’s more than likely that we’re not getting action-based sandbox gameplay.

1 Like

It wasn’t my intention to imply anything. I might even have gone off topic with my post. Sorry.

1 Like