Typing Derby: add a text input line to typed words for colorblind / vision accessibility

I love to play the Typing Derby game.
Currently, the way the game shows how much of a word has been typed is by changing the color of the characters you’ve typed from white to green as you enter them.
Unfortunately, I, and likely other colorblind folks as well, can find it hard to see this color change, and I occasionally struggle to parse how far in the word I have typed. It makes it hard to get long combo strings sometimes, and fixing mistyped words is a bit difficult.
I think a possible solution to this could be adding a thin vertical bar that moves in front of where the text is entered, like the way most text entry fields behave.
This feature would also help when using a color filter on the monitor, as a visible UI item that moves to shows progress, instead of simply changing color, is color independent: It could even work with monochrome displays and still be playable.
An alternative could be allowing players to individually choose the color that the text changes to, so the color can be set to whatever value is most easily distinguishable, although I think the text input bar is a simpler and more complete solution to the issue of color differentiation.

Please consider it, and thanks for reading!