Treasures and Games to engage my visitors

I opened my Condo for the first time recently, and actually made some nice friends off of it. I was very pleased, but I wished there was more I could do to interest the surprising amount of people who joined, but left fairly shortly after. It was fun seeing them look around the home I had designed, but it didn’t keep them for very long.

My new friends and I talked about this for a little while, and thought about how certain games would be a good way to interest people. From the beach-front Condo, we thought about how neat an interactive Ping-Pong table would be. I thought a box of Lawn Darts you could aim at a holographic target once you began playing would be especially interesting, and we were sure there would be people interesting in playing a game of Pool as well.
I’ve also seen something about a game of Connect Four coming from the Arcade later on, I would actually really love this as well.
Arcade-themed “Skins” of these games would be really fun as well, with basic versions being sold elsewhere. The Toy Stop would be a wonderful place to get these things!

An additional thought I had was to have obtainable treasures to place around your Condo. The Treasure Chests and Quarters and Piles of Units, Lucky Slot Machines, I would like it if other people could ‘claim’ a set amount per Condo without consuming the items they find. Let’s say that there would be a hard limit of five total ‘Treasure’ items an individual can claim, all giving similar small ranges of Units regardless of the size of the Treasure.
People could put big piles of treasure right where somebody would spawn as courtesy, make a vault farther into the house for people to find, scatter treasure all around to promote exploration. I would really like to see what people do with this!

Both of these are popular suggestions, however for the second I don’t see this getting in as this could be seen as a sort of trading system, which the devs have stated they are against adding to the game. I’m an advocate for the trading, but I get why it’s a problem as well.

I don’t see how there is a trade necessarily. A trade entails an exchange of goods. The most “exchanging” one could do would be place five Treasure items in their Condo, have somebody else place five in their own Condo and then both participate in ‘finding’ that Treasure.
That’s a maximum of five items however, and it is a feature anybody else can utilize without any form of trade involved, for a small sum of Units.
A system could easily be put in place to avoid abusing the system via some form of cooldown in addition to only allowing you to take five Treasures from any given user via any Condo they host.
I hope that is a fair assessment.

1 Like

Even after that, I can imagine this encouraging condo hopping, more than reducing it.

1 Like

Perhaps people would just search for Treasure and leave. But it’s likely to me that the people who would take treasure and hop would have left early anyway, regardless of the treasure being there or not. This is also on top of encouraging more people to come and visit even if they hop after collecting the treasure, anybody able to pop by and look even briefly sounds nice to me. More chances to just hear “Nice Condo” and reply “Thanks!”

The people that stay and converse would still do so, perhaps after hunting down some treasure, and maybe stay to play a game for a while. Or compliment how you arranged the room around the treasure or something.

Personally I don’t see the detriment :stuck_out_tongue: