Tower Unite Launching into single player or server error

Ever since getting tower unite through Steam, I haven’t been able to get into Single or Multiplayer. (I’m only able to load up to the starting menu, that’s about it.) The error that comes back is this: https://gyazo.com/96dc567b197f371d66cffb0d76ac4744
I have googled this error and it’s came back as only an error seen in unreal engine itself however my friends are able to play it. I have deleted and reinstalled the game however it still won’t work.
I have noticed that the game also launches in a resolution higher than my native resolution (which is 1920x1200) so some objects in the menu are actually off the screen.
Is there any way that anyone could help me?

I’ve seen that error multiple times before, but i’ve never found out what causes it. The only solution i have that you can try is going into properties and “verify integrity of game cache” or some how force it to go into windowed mode. Otherwise, unless the Developers can shed some light on this, you are pretty much out of luck. But after all, it is in Alpha so bugs are bound to happen, who knows, maybe it will be fixed on the next weekly build…

I’ve tried verifying integrity of game cache before and it never worked, however I will try and force it to window mode somehow or try and set my native resolution to 4K and see what that does. Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve added a method that setups up the default resolution to your desktop resolution to avoid it starting up with the wrong size. However, this fix won’t be available until our next patch.

1 Like

Thanks for your report! This has been forwarded straight to our Trello board. You can track its status there (it takes a couple minutes to show up on Trello).

2 Likes

Hey! It’s bugbot! It’s been awhile since i’ve seen you :smiley:

i’m aware it’s not a real person

1 Like