Tower Unite DLC idea

Obviously.

That’s one way for (possible) revenue.

i have a theory that TU will be using the valve player models, as you can see valve is very nice with the gaming community, they let sven coop use the entire hl1 game and add a campaign mode for free, using some models is possble just pixeltail needs to ask valve first

What does this have to do with DLC? Seeing as Tower Unite is its own game now on a whole different engine, no I highly doubt that and I can’t see why they would want to use them.

The HL2 playermodels are also pretty outdated and don’t look that good. Its better to make new ones from scratch.

1 Like

Sven Coop is free, and it’s on a game engine Valve made, so they were allowed to use the models.
Tower Unite is not free and it is 0% dependent on anything Valve has ever made, so they would need permission to use models from Valve games.

#Valve Video Policy
We encourage our users to make videos using Valve game content, such as playthrough or instruction videos or SFM movies. We are fine with publishing these videos to your website or YouTube or similar video sharing services. We’re not fine with taking assets from our games (e.g. voice, music, items) and distributing those separately.

taken from here: Video Policy

well damn, you guys proved me wrong.
but still maybe the character creator will have the return of old gmt faces

That will probably just be on the workshop.

well if they are gonna sue a workshop creation, the community will make sure they know to not mess with them.

There are more than plenty Valve related items on many workshops, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

i do not think anyone understood anything i said soooooooooooooooooooooooo…

RIGHT NOW im gonna say it agin THEY CAN REMASTER EVERYTHIING it does not need to be a COPY AND PASTE IT CAN BE REDONE OBJECT FROM THE GMOD TOWER AND REINCORPERATED INTO A NEW DESIGN FIRST OF ALL did anyone read the line in which i said they can remaster the wooden barrel to a keg 0.o

A barrel isn’t copy-written.
Also, no caps, please.

The assets and stuff from G-Mod is.

So, to recap:

You can have a new barrel which may be added later.
If theres ever a lobby 1 recreation it won’t be exactly like the original due to assets from G-Mod being copy-written.

Also, that last post was so hard to understand. Not trying to insult you, but proper sentences help with people understanding you.

1 Like