The Tower Unite Blender Suite is a community-made add-on for Blender which streamlines the model creation process. Aimed at the latest version of Blender, it is easy to use and provides powerful features:
Tower Unite Export option - File > Export > Tower Unite (.dae)
An easier export to COLLADA format with simplified options,
Due to a lingering bug in Blender 2.8 and above, COLLADA exports do not include normal maps, but this method of exporting restores that functionality. It also automatically applies transforms to prevent the ‘spaghetti monster’ issue and slightly reduces file size by not exporting extra objects like lights and cameras.
Tower Unite Armature object - Object Mode > Add > Armature > Tower Unite Armature
The armature can be inserted directly into your scene at the correct scale.
This eliminates the issues (and effort) involved with importing the rig file into your scene, or vice versa. This method will also, by default, use an improved, symmetrical version of the rig with a straightened spine.
Adjust Tower Unite Armature menu - Edit Mode > Armature > Tower Unite Rig > Adjust
This menu is automatically summoned after creating the Tower Unite armature with the previous command.
It will allow you to easily adjust the shoulder and arms of the rig to match your model’s proportions.
Tower Unite Pose Previews menu - Pose Mode > Pose > Tower Unite Rig > Preview Pose
Provided for this add-on by the PixelTail Games development team, you can now preview your model in poses from Tower Unite directly in Blender.
This allows for edits to be reflected in real-time, without the need to export and import with each change.
The best place to report any bugs would be directly to me on Discord: Spoom#0001
This add-on will be maintained and there are many powerful features planned for future releases.
If you find this add-on useful, please consider donating towards its development.
- Download the add-on with the link above
- Open Blender (2.8 or above) and go to Edit > Preferences
- On the left, click to switch to the Add-ons tab
- At the top right corner, click Install… and choose the zip file you downloaded (TowerUniteSuite_1_1_0.zip)
- Ensure the Community tab is highlighted and find Import-Export: Tower Unite Suite in the list
- Check the box to the left of it to enable the add-on
- IF you are upgrading from v1.0.0 you should remove the previous version from this list
Changes in v1.1.0
- Migrated to a brand new addon format for easier updates in future.
- Fixed errors encountered in export when material names start with a number character or contain spaces.
- You can now choose a colour scheme for your rig which will show in Pose Mode.
- Added the ability to adjust the Tower Unite armature through a new menu: Edit Mode → Armature → Tower Unite Rig → Adjust
- Improved the UI when adding the Tower Unite Armature: it is now expanded and requires confirmation to close.
- The create armature operator will now switch to the Adjust Armature menu when confirmed.
- Removed the ability to choose between left/right symmetry when creating the armature.
- Added a menu to Pose Mode to preview the rig in poses from Tower Unite, pose data courtesy of PixelTail Games.