Tower Unite AppID

So Scrxtchy and I in the IRC chat room deduced from a Join Game Link on MacdGuy’s Steam Profile, what the Steam Appid for Tower Unite was.

https://steamdb.info/app/394690/subs/

1 Like

MLG Elite hacker here ^

:smiley:

Cool :smiley: Cant wait :smiley:

Nice find @Caboose700. I’ll be watching this with eagle eyes. :smiley:

I still wonder why games change their AppIDs so much when they are in an unreleased state. :confused:

If I was to take a guess, I would presume that the app ID that is given to a game (at least initially) is a placeholder AppID. If a game was to be released to the public in a finished state than the game gets to take the AppID away from a game that is unreleased.

So for instance, Tower Unite gets given the AppID 394690 when it is first put on steam, then a game (Game B) comes along onto the store and gets released to the public. Game B would take the AppID away from Tower Unite so they would have to be assigned a new one.

That is at least how I understand it, but I could be completely wrong. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Yes. That’s probably what makes the most sense, that I don’t get why I didn’t think of it sooner. Still, that’s quite odd, but since we don’t really have access to how Steam works in that aspect, we can only guess.

I guess working with Steamworks must be a fun thing to do. Guess it will still be quite the years till I discover how they are implemented. :sweat:

They don’t, appids are static
Every build though, they change the changenumber, which is shared thoughout all of steam.

For example, if Rust pushed an update, they would be number, example 4663, and if TU pushed an update just after the Rust update, steam would give the changenumber 4664.

Same works for package/subs/apps when they are created

1 Like

What a beautiful AppID number <3.

394 69 0
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)