Tournaments

Would it be feasible to add some registration and tracking system? I’m thinking something like

1. tournament announced 2 weeks early
  2. players register for tournament
  3. tourney lasts 7 days
    – days 1 and 2 : players get their highest scores on given game. Top X players are automatically seeded into (single-elimination?) bracket
  4. days 3, 4 & 5, are the rounds of the tourney. Play as many times as you want per (24-hour) round; whichever person in a given matchup achieved the highest score goes to the next round
    5)day 6: final 2 announced. runners-up compete for third place
  5. day 7: finalists compete for highest score (or best time, as applicable)

Tournaments for multiple games can be going on at once to keep things exciting . Winners get unique prizes not otherwise available, for example:
1st place: a playable version of the game for one’s condo, with a special gold-colored cabinet and the words ‘First Place. [year] [game] tournament] on it.’ Also a gold trophy
2nd place: a playable version of the game for one’s condo and the words ‘Second Place. [year] [game] tournament] on it.’ Also a silver trophy
3rd place: a unique non-playable model of the game with a bronze trim and the words ‘Third Place. [year] [game] tournament] on it.’ Also a bronzy trophy

Other competitors get:
Yellow Ribbon - 4th place
Green Ribbon - quarter finals (final 8)
Pink Ribbon - participated

I think that, minus the take-home machines, this would be an alright idea. I’m sure we’ll get leaderboards anyway, exciting stuff