Time-Based Ambient Music

Since a Day/Night system is already planned for Tower Unite, I think it would be pretty neat to have different versions of each track of ambient music in the lobby/plaza depending on the time of day (early morning, day, and night), with different instruments, different tempo, etc. For example, in the day, the music would be fast and upbeat, while at night, the music would be slow and drawn out, and in the morning the music would be quiet and peaceful.

9 Likes

SUPER down for this.

I quite like the way Xenoblade Chronicles did it:

Skip to 4:18 for the Night music.

2 Likes

i’m also down for this. loved the way animal crossing: new leaf did this kind of thing. (would link examples of ac:nl’s hour-based ost, but too lazy :open_mouth: )

2 Likes

I’d love to see this be a thing, if it doesn’t swamp down @donglekumquat with too much work.

1 Like

I think it would be cool if they had a day and night song but used that thing they implemented where it changes flawlessly between two tracks.

1 Like

I think @donglekumquat could take a load off himself if he kept a consistent leitmotif throughout each individual track.

1 Like

Have a single ( or multiple ) track[s] play that splits into individual instruments and, like GTA, play only select instruments at select times of day?