The Backup Plan

So my internet’s been down for close to 24 hours now, I’m posting this from my limited mobile data and it sucks.

I wanna know - when the internet or power goes down, what are your backup plans? Do you have YouTube videos saved? Offline games installed? Let me know so I can better prepare for an internet/power blackout if/when it happens again.

4 Likes

lots of sleep
hibernation

4 Likes

Right, but I do this anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Doctor Who 8th doctor audios, I could survive for a week on Scherzo alone.

2 Likes

I always keep a few games installed that can be played offline.
I could play Risk of Rain 2 singleplayer for the rest of my life.

Edit: “Baba Is You” is a good singleplayer puzzle game. I guarantee that your internet will be back online before you’re anywhere near finished with the game. I still haven’t even gotten close to the end.

6 Likes

I keep a power bank for my phone handy and charge it at work. I also keep lots of puzzle games on my phone too (like Flow Free). I go for walks with music on when I want out of the house too.

2 Likes

I got a Raspberry Pi 3B+ Single-board computer loaded with the Raspbian operating system, it comes loaded with season 1 and 2 of Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

2 Likes

I’ll play this dinosaur minigame in google chrome.

2 Likes

Here’s my high score from yesterday.

4 Likes

Star Wars blu-ray collection. Enough said.

2 Likes

What’s that Sam?
Oh, hey boss, yeah so I don’t have internet on my phone so I thought it’d be neat to bring in my blu-ray player, my tv and my star wars blu-rays to watch while I’m slacking off. Hope you don’t mind. Oh hey that’s some pretty paper, didn’t know we had any in pink.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I usually spend some time reviewing my old pictures into my phone, memories ect…

2 Likes

Make sure you’ve got 'em all backed up! Google Photos is a lifesaver.

When that happens I play on my Switch.

2 Likes

Gigabytes of Humble Bundle Manga in high res true PDF. Hours of animated culture archived from YouTube and other high quality sources. Router status on one screen, DuckTales on the other. Woo-oo!

1 Like

I heat up some toast to kill time, then eat the toast. If the internet is still down, I play the many singleplayer games I haven’t finished yet.

1 Like

Not even public domain ones or a copy of the official Kung Fury YouTube upload?

i have youtube red so i can download my favorite youtube videos on my phone. i also listen to music a lot.

1 Like

Obligatory mention:

https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html