Temporarily workshop banned for no reason

Despite it’s only a few days and I don’t go on here much nor upload on any workshop,

I did find it to be very ridiculous that someone somewhere was pretty mad with my avatar (Ironic Mannequin) despite that (I even clearly stated in the description) I don’t really put a lot of work into joke avatars and shouldn’t have to (what do you expect? that people are going to put 100’s of hours of work into meme avatars??? nobody’s going to do that and especially not me, fyi I’m going to happily spend my time actually going stuff that matters not this)

But someone (I’m assuming from pixeltail?) marked it as incomplete, and I just left it because I mean from how ridiculous that is, I’d just leave it, like hell I was going to complete it anyway lol.

But just got an email today that stated “Your Steam Workshop item Ironic Mannequin has been removed for reported violations of the Steam Community & Content Guidelines.”

1. I though it was hidden anyway
  2. I have not violated ANYTHING from that page.

So why have you gave me this ban then?

Mac went through the workshop today and removed incompatible items (broken models, low effort thumbnails/names as described above) it is possible that your model was broken and was removed for that reason, Mac has only one option to remove these models and that is to temporarily ban the user as that removes the model (due to Valve/Steam not having an option to just remove the model itself).

Even if its a meme model it is important to spend the appropriate amount of time to ensure that the model works well in game and doesn’t look like a mess.

1 Like

Today, I went through all incompatible workshop models and banned them. This is because the incompatible tag does not function in the way we’d like. You can still use incompatible items from the workshop and there’s no way for us to filter those out in-game (as the API doesn’t have any ways to).

Unfortunately, the only option is banning items. Banning items removes the item from workshop and issues out a temp ban (that we have no control over). The temp ban is truly temp and doesn’t stick around on your Steam account.

Your item violated our rules (which you can read here: https://www.towerunite.com/sdk/rules) as the model was found broken.

2 Likes