Streamer Ranks?

I know that Twitch/ YT streamers play some games to promote them and somehow have like a custom rank for it. I wonder how a similar group tag could be put in for players who stream this game as a way to freely promote the game?

While that could 100% be a nice, good natured idea for mutual promotion.
I feel it might end up getting people followed and harassed in-game if they have a big “I’m a streamer, things you say may hurt my channel” rank above their heads.

I like the idea, just I think spoil sports would make it a huge problem for streamers and content creators.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s one of those things where the intentions are good… but the results may not be.

I’d say a Streamer (or YouTuber)'s best option is to use the Text Hat if they want to encourage interaction.
The Text hat has two options, one that’s visible only on nametags and one that’s always visible above the head.

2 Likes

I mean it could be a rank like the Backers tag on those who helped the game back in 2015-2016? I see already Twitch streamer controls in the options menu so there is some kind of ideas for streamers.

The streamer options are mostly to help prevent these interactions or minimize the impact when/if they happen.

A tag near your name for being a content creator would attract a lot of negative interactions from people who think it’s funny or have a chip on their shoulders, is what we’re saying.
As cool as it would be in theory, after seeing what happens already when a streamer or content creator is online without anything attracting attention to themselves, it’d end poorly in most cases.

8 Likes