Steam Alpha for Backers Released!

All Steam alpha keys should have been distributed by now. If you got a perk with ALPHA access and not just early access, then check your email and spam folder. If you only have early access then you can expect to get your key mid-2016 when TU goes public.

It seems that I am eligible for it…at least I think, I backed 30 dollars.

Did you select a perk? Other people have had to have their perks manually selected as IndieGoGo does not automatically select a perk based on the amount you donated.

I think I selected a perk…or at least I hope so. It shows under “My contributions” the purchase and it shows “POWER GAMER” next to it. I am not sure if that’s what you are talking about.

Yeah, that would be the perk. If you haven’t gotten your email on the account you used for the IndieGoGo, then go here and click the thing that will email you your code again. Also, I think I was mistaken before, if you got an email code it would be for that panel as well, not the Steam alpha.

Yeah that seems to be what I am missing. The access key for the panel. Most certainly have not gotten that email yet. I have checked all of my tabs to ensure I didn’t miss it.

I am not sure what to do now.

You should have an email with the code to get into your backer panel. Use it and on that panel should be a Steam code for the TU Alpha. On your Steam library page, click the “+ Add a Game” button on the bottom left. Then click “Activate a Product on Steam” and use the code on the backer panel to claim your TU Alpha. Just make sure it’s your primary account as you only get to use it once.

I’m aware of what I need to do. Just the only issue is I haven’t gotten an email about the backer panel. The last email I have is about the one informing everyone about the backer panel and how they should get an email in 24 hours.

Go here: http://www.towerunite.com/backer/index.php?sendnew=1

Put your email in and hit request.

If you’re still having issues send us an email at contact at pixeltailgames.com

Yaaa! Can’t wait to see what updates they’ll make.

You can catch up with all Tower Unite Development by following the Trello’s.

Thanks for the link. Time to stalk the progress. Heh :slight_smile:

wish i donated and got a keycode to play the closea alpha… :’(

No worries my friend, I wasn’t able to get e-money for donations either, but don’t put on your frowny face. :smiley:

One day the Alpha will close and then we will get a full release, maybe one of your friends will be able to buy you a ticket for the ride sort-to-speak.

Untill then hang out in Gmod Tower, have a couple of beers, and live knowing that you’ll one day enter Tower Unite without an experience spoiled by an in-development Alpha.
:innocent:

I’m gonna be honest, there’s not much to do in the Alpha right now. If you like buggy, broken games that lack content, then you might enjoy it. Otherwise, it’s really more of a community bug test. I can guarantee that, by missing the Alpha, you aren’t missing much.

Well that’s not too nice. : (

Here is a baby otter to cheer you up. :revolving_hearts:

Well, it’s simply not a finished product yet. That’s the whole point of an alpha, right? To lay out the basics that will be cleaned up in the beta. Besides, I didn’t say it wasn’t fun. There’s just not much to do yet and what is available isn’t perfect, as is expected. What you have is good and fun; I can’t wait to see it when it hits the beta phase.

1 Like

Yeah, it just hit a wrong chord when you’re in the midst of development constantly fighting off bugs.

1 Like