Specific Copycat Tools

The copycat tool is great in condos, especially for large-scale projects, but I reckon it would be nice to have the choice of which properties are copied over. For example, changing the colour of a wall and not the scale. A simple checklist of all the properties that can be copied over would be a nice addition.

This would be a nice feature in an “all in one” tool gun. Currently the tool guns use up a lot of space if you want all 3 equipped when decorating your condo

3 Likes

I’d kill for a way to quick copy axis positions/rotation over to different objects… but because of all the variables, I got no clue of a way it’d actually be more convenient than just using screenshots or writing it down :\

3 Likes

Man, being able to copycat over just the image url for canvas walls and the like without also resizing them would same a lot of work when making any changes. Same for changing just the color information of glass walls. Or copying only the dimension.

Maybe when you right-click it could bring up a dialogue with tabs/checkboxes:
[ ] copy all
[ ] Copy Appearance
[ ] colors/textures
Copy Scale:
[ ] ALL [ ] X [ ] Y [ ] Z
Copy Location:
[ ] ALL [ ] X [ ] Y [ ] Z
Extra: *
[ ]
*this is where item-specific things might be, such as brightness, radius, FOV, or other variables that are only shared by certain items. Putting this at the bottom keeps the top area, where the most common variables are, clean and consistent

4 Likes

this is nice for changing the colours of trees as the copycat copies the type of tree it is alongside the colours. so your trees go from varied to the same type when using it.
obviously a problem for other items as well. just the first example that came to mind.