Sonic shotgun's secondary fire should have a cooldown

After using the secondary fire mode on the sonic shotgun, there should be a 4-5 second cooldown before it can be used again.

As much as I agree that the sonic needs to be nerfed (because it leads to things like this happening), 4-5 seconds is a long time in the fast paced gameplay of Virus. Perhaps make it have to be charged up with damage dealt with it (much like that one gun in doom 4’s upgrade).

Sure. I’m willing to hear others’ suggestions about how long the cooldown should be as well. Even a cooldown of 2 seconds might help cut down on the spam.

just imagine if it could overheat

I might go for an ammo count instead of a cooldown (or alongside it), just because that blast is pretty powerful; in cases where the infected is all alone, it can be difficult for them to be any threat to survivors (especially if multiple people abuse the blast). I’d throw in a secondary ammo count so you don’t need to worry about burning through normal ammunition, but I just feel like making this limited instead of unlimited would at least make players less likely to spam its use.

3 Likes

This is a good idea. I like the idea of a secondary ammo pool. Once it’s gone, it’s gone for the round. No reloads.