Sneezing

#OK SO HEAR ME OUT

I was just talking to @Foohy on skype and he sneezed.
So I was like, alright, we should totally put sneezing into Tower.

Every so often your player slows down for a sec and winds up a good sneeze.
Then your view suddenly pitches up and down and a random sneeze sound effect plays.

This would be networked so everyone would see you sneeze when it happens.
It’d happen pretty rarely and would chain up to 5 sneezes in a row.

this is not actually confirmed, just an idea

8 Likes

GO tO BED ZAK

8 Likes

Pfft

What you really need to do is also do it based on if the person who’s currently talking in Mic is sneezing, then play the animation as well.

Do sneeze waves exist? Can they be detected?

1 Like

I think this should just be something that happens when you’re idle. I don’t think anything should interrupt your movement.

6 Likes

then we would need a flu outbreak and vaccinations

1 Like

This just in… sneezing powder you can throw… “Sneeze Grenade”

5 Likes

it better be, same with the flower hat

This is genius.

THIS IDEA WILL MAKE GAME OF THE YEAR.

Only if coughing when idle is implemented as well

WTF happened to the suggestions forum?!

3 Likes

Sneezing would fit an elevator ride, but other than that it just seems a little pointless. Sneeze Grenades, however, could make for a community favorite item.

Sneeze Grenades, yes. Randomly sneezing while you are actively playing, no.

how about fart noise :blush:

Sneezing sounds like a great idea to add to a whole sort of sickness system.

If there’s a rediculously low chance of this, and the sound was foohy sneezing, I would want this.

1 Like

Sneeze grenades would break gameplay so bad, you’d have that one kid tossing and tossing them all over the place and everyone is too busy sneezing to see where they’re going.

I’m alright with it being an idle animation though.

“If you sneeze 5 times in a row, you insta-die” -Jerma

Please kill the player if this happens

Yes, it can be implemented. I am not a good coder, but to do so you’d need to be running a script that checks the frequency/wavelength of sneeze. That is some heavy stuff, but thankfully there are already some nice voice recognition plugins that can be tweaked, not sure if they exist for Unreal engine, unless the engine is compatible with unity plugins. (I haven’t tried unreal yet, I am a unity dev)

Although in my opinion its a wasteful idea, its not because it cant be done easily, its because its uncertain that most players will have good internet/mic/audio plugins that don’t make static or stretch out the audio or its pitch. Even a little disturbance in the speech changes the result. Although I think, just making the script recognize an instantaneous loud static would do the trick, but than anything that’s making such a noise will trigger the animation.

In the end , sorry its costly in terms of programming and actively sensing the sneeze trigger, and is useless in my opinion.

I’m pretty sure this entire thread was a joke…at least I hope it was.

3 Likes

damn forget to quote ur first post, it was a reply to you not the thread owner lol