Slaughterday night live sounds too simple

As far as I’m concerned, SDNL is meant to be a fast-paced first person shooter, where everyone basically shoots each other and whoever gets most kills wins. My question is, is this how actually the game is going to work out? Because if that’s the case it sounds far too simple and it can get boring and repetitive over time, especially for people who are not the best with shooters. Additionally, we already have a first person shooter which is Virus, which has a more fun and interesting concept than this. Are the developers going to expand the concept of this gameworld?

It’s got a lot more in terms of movement than Virus. It’s got sliding, double jumping, bhopping, I think one of the swords gives you a dash, and you can launch yourself with the super shotty. SDNL seems like it’s more aimed at the movement-shooter niche rather than the general FPS setup. I will say though, if FPS games aren’t your thing, I can’t imagine you’d have too much fun playing it a bunch. It definitely seems like a gamemode where a lot of the fun comes from self-improvement over time.

Movement stuff:

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be like PVP Battle on GMTower. On GMTower there were 6 2-3 minute rounds and basically it was everyone for themselves. On GMTower you could buy weapons and customize your load out. You just shot and killed people and got points for it.

I don’t know how late is it to make such a suggestion but, given the gameshow theme suggested by this gameworld’s name, I’d propose a score system based not just on kills, but on style.

This just reminded me to drop this here, which explains what the initial idea was during the Indiegogo. Like Rarsonic mentioned with the gameshow thing, there’s stuff about TV ratings and an audience, and it would be neat if schmoovement and other show off-ey moves also played into your score.

The premise is simple :]

i hope there’s a map similar to like… a gameshow stage with a really over the top announcer and lots of goofy stuff

if they don‘t talk like the professor genki’s super ethical reality climax announcers, i would considered a missed opportunity

AAAAA_400x400

3 Likes

i was imagining something exactly like that thank you so much…

1 Like

From my current understanding of what SDNL is meant to be, I disagree with this opinion.

I personally am very much looking forward to a more straight forward Deathmatch gamemode. PvP in lobbies and Condos is a great start and can be a lot of fun, but I can’t wait for something more structured! Lasertag is close, but is more simplified and its current implementation leads to inconsistent match making with unbalanced teams (this could have already been revisited in a recent patch and I missed it). It also lacks the weapon variety and has a different distinct style.

SDNL looks to have an over the top style with some fun weapons and crazy movement options that will make it feel like a more traditional arena shooter, and I think that already sets it apart from current Tower gameplay. I want straight forward over the top arena fps

Virus and SDNL don’t look to scratch the same itch to me. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Virus but it is an asymmetric pvp fps. You can’t really compare the two too closely because SDNL is a free-for-all deathmatch. There is less focus on strategy, no teamwork, and you’re not alternating between two distinct styles of gameplay (shooting at infected or barreling and clawing at survivors).

I think the simple premise with an over the top style IS the appeal to me. I want something I can hop in without relying on teammates or worrying about letting them down. I don’t want the risk of lopsided teams throwing matches off either. I also want something I can potentially say to a friend “1v1 me!” which isn’t possible in Virus and in lasertag results in slowly crawling around the map looking for each other for majority of the match.

4 Likes