Silly Virus weapon upgrades

Seeing a picture of the WIP crossbow with all the different colours got me thinking:
An upgrade to turn your weapons into wooden toys.
Now, we all know toys like that make no sound. So, what we need are vocalised sound effects.

1 Like

I’d rather not see it in the main game, but I’d be fine seeing it as a mutator or workshop mod.

1 Like

Aren’t mutators a part of the main game?
This isn’t for everyone in a match, but something you can choose for yourself.

1 Like

A part of TU? Yes, but I’m talking about how mutators modify how the gameworlds play. I suppose a better term would be “vanilla gameworld,” sorry about the confusion.

Personally, I’d rather it be something everyone gets or no one gets. Atmosphere is a major part of the gameworlds, and I’d rather not have any disconnect between players. Of course, I’m totally fine with the atmosphere being changed from serious to silly, I’d just prefer everyone experiencing serious or everyone experiencing silly.

I really like the idea of having cosmetic changes for guns (especially with Workshop support around the corner, like, c’mon) but I’d much rather see it in SDNL. As @Arkive86 said, Virus has a theme that shouldn’t be tampered with too much.

Not to say SDNL won’t have a theme, I’m hoping it will. But silly weapons will just fit the bill much better in that game. GMT had exploding babies and flying chainsaws for fucks sake.

1 Like

I had completely forgotten about SDNL! It might fit the theme of it.