Revert to Or Option to Save On Every Condo "Update"

i feel like having condos save every 5 minutes as opposed to each time an item is moved or w/e has been more of an issue than helping… at least from what i’ve experienced, potentially losing 5 minutes of progress as opposed to losing nothing at all could be (and is) very annoying if you’re building in a condo

i’m not sure what was wrong with the old version (if a dev could explain that’d be great!) but personally i’d love to have an option to go back to that as a condo builder myself

edit: apparently this broke resetting your condo, too … if your game freezes while resetting your condo and you’re forced to close it / it crashes, it doesn’t reset at all (im assuming since it wasn’t able to “save” it getting reset?)

Really curious on why this change was made, I preferred when condos saved on item update

2 Likes

This change was made for a couple reasons.

• If you have a large condo, the save on each change would freeze the game, every item move.
  • Each time it saves, it queues up to store on Steam Cloud. By having it do it every item change, it was causing issues with cloud syncing and would lead to some saves becoming corrupted.

The new save system also saves when you exit the game, exit to menu, etc. One thing that we could add is a save button on the menu, but you don’t need to save, it’ll do it when you return to menu.

4 Likes

i see, thank you!

1 Like