Remove one of the fishing ponds

I know this is a controversial one, but I really don’t like this fishing pond right here:

20191206_115918

I think overall, there are too many fishing spots, which just ends up splitting players up when fishing. I think it would be a lot more beneficial to have a path running around the beach and ending at the pool, leading players to oasis. At the moment this pond just gets in the way.

i have to agree! i think it kind of disrupts the path if anything, though i really like its scenery. i’d love to see it moved (maybe somewhere a little busier), or otherwise have its design merged with the pond on the cliff. that poor cliff pond gets no love.

2 Likes

I don’t know about removing entirely, but it is a very awkward spot, and all the paths that converge there make it aesthetically feel like a flooded ditch in the middle of the trail instead of a natural body of water. Not to mention it’s proximity to the most popular fishing spot, the pier, makes it a little superfluous and underused.

I also feel like it’s too similar to the peninsula fishing spot in that it’s surrounded by grasses and has a big rock in the middle that everyone stands on. Maybe a wooden bridge that went over the middle to complete the trail would satisfy everyone.

5 Likes

A bridge over it would be nice! I think removing it entirely wouldn’t really matter in the longrun since I believe the original goal for fishing was that you could do it anywhere. I don’t know if plans have changed but if Pixeltail eventually makes it so you can fish wherever you want, removing the pond wouldn’t solve anything in regards to keeping players close together.

9 Likes

Yea, I’d like some clarification on that at some point. When fishing was in development I designed several waterfront spots in my condo specifically with fishing in mind. Now I’m not sure if we’re going to see fishing in condos anytime soon or at all.

I’m hoping Pixeltail didn’t change their mind on condo fishing in fear that it’d take away from the Plaza population. If anything fishing isn’t a very good money maker and condos desperately need more activities at the moment.

Also would like to know if some sort of “Water cube” or something is still planned any time soon for fishing or just to house these giant humpback whales that won’t fit in any of the aquariums or pools.

3 Likes