Radios and radio shows

Could have a feature of radios and radio broadcasters and mics that could be used to host a radio station. People could look through a radio browser and select stations. The stations them selves could be able to play media through the mic, speak through it and let others speak through it. Could have some features like a setting on weather or not it would pick up on noise around it like instruments. Maybe have a feature where you could press a button to stop the playlist of music and fade it out if you have something to say.

I really think it would be a neat feature to have. Would help people like lich and others.

This would be amazing for connecting the community especially if we could listen to radio stations in the lobby or on the go.

2 Likes

Why not just set up an online radio and not bother with anything in-game?

1 Like

streaming doesn’t work, and it would have more features if you had the radio in game.

3 Likes

Probably easier to just make shoutcast links work, people can still stream with the intended audience of TU but it wouldn’t be unnecessary extra resources either.

3 Likes

FOOHY 366.9

366.9 translates into FOO.Y
you’re welcome

3 Likes

So radio stations that you can make playlists for and others can listen to your radio station? Sign me the fuck up.
Also talk shows would be fun lol

2 Likes

I’d definitely like something like this!

In general, I’d say tower unite could need some more things to roleplay with for deeper community interaction.

It’s the main reason I play tower unite after all.
Minigolf would be only half as fun without some banter in the voice chat. :slight_smile:

Resurrecting topic as “progress” has been made on media support that would support the music part of this.

This seems like such a painful amount of work! I am not saying your idea is bad but can you imagine all the extra hours coding even a single radio station would be. It’s a feature not everyone would use and the TV would be used more. What would be cool is being able to upload some sort of radio station with ads and stuff like that and have a library of music to be picked out at random. The way I can imagine this is like the GTA self radio in the PC version of GTA V! Let me explain