Plaza's Pool Area

I recall a long time ago that Mac mentioned he wanted to do something with the plaza’s pool to attract players to it, for both social and gameplay reasons. So I figured I’d fire off a couple ideas.

Name: Aqua Bash Arena
Type: Minigame
Description: A large floating arena will appear in the pool that can only be accessed via minigame portals, however players outside can still spectate but cannot enter. Players inside will all be forced with pool noodles, they deal no damage however force knockback on targets. The objective of the game is to bash players off the arena and into the water, where they’ll be killed and the last player to hit them gains points. Killed players will always respawn in the centre of the arena to prevent being immediately knocked off.

Name: Ring’a’Ding
Type: Minigame
Description: The pool fills with random coloured rings, any player that enters via the minigames portal will be transported to a random location in the pool and forced into a miniature inflatable boat housing their playermodel sat down. The player can use basic controls (WASD) to row forward and turn their boat, mashing either of these keys will make them row faster. Each coloured ring is worth different points and vanish upon a player rowing through, some spawn less frequently but are worth more. Players that bump into each other will bounce off one another.

Name: Large Pool Cinema
Type: Social
Description: Near the pool (possibly in one of the small cabins dotted near the pool, or even Oasis) will be a means to spend units to rent a large theater screen that rises from a compartment area closest to the ocean. It will be incredibly large, roughly 1/2 the size of the pool in width. It will remain there for however long the rental was set, allowing all players in proximity to add to the playlist before lowering back into the compartment where it’ll hide away for the next person to rent.

Great ideas, other than the media player (I am personally opposed to media players outside of the club and theatre).

Some sort of sumo-style king of the hill game would work great too! One where you gain points when youre inside the “hill” and can bump other players out, with everyone in pool tubes.

6 Likes