Plaza map for Virus

Why not a version of the Plaza in Virus? Like the main plaza including the shops and nothing more.

1 Like

That’s a really big area for virus, and looking at the playing field, there’s not much cover, and that would turn the map in to the next Aztec.

1 Like

Ugh, that map was horrible. There’s no incentive to go anywhere except that one square bit in the centre.

I’m talking about a little part of the Plaza, not all

100% this. Maybe the central area with any sort of exit/entrance into a building closed off.

1 Like

Yeah, That’s it

In my last post I said “a really big area for virus” and by that I meant that there’s no walls. We saw what happened with a large, horizontal playing field with no walls in GMT’s Aztec map, where all the survivors stayed on the top floor so that no matter where the infected went, they’d have to be on the top floor, and that meant that every survivor could see them and gun them down right then and there, even from across the map.

It would be the same thing, but the infected would have no lower level to retreat to in this case. It would be a very open playing field and the infected would have to get lucky and spawn next to some unsuspecting survivor for the round to progress, because every other time he’d just get gunned down, no matter what he did.

2 Likes

Would something like Lobby 1 work better for something like this? Perhaps it could be the overgrown, abandoned version that people want to see added in?

1 Like

Both Lobby 1 and 2 are too big and open for virus, it’d be much better as a Zombie Massacre map.

1 Like

I have to agree that either lobby on its own is too open for Virus. Who said we couldn’t scatter debris everywhere, though? Stack some crates here, add a chunk of wall there… Just add stuff like that everywhere and we can remove the undesired open space.

2 Likes

I find it really odd that this post got shunned so much when it got posted. This is an awesome idea. In terms of the downsides people mentioned, the size isn’t really an issue because you’d assume this maps is dilapidated anyway due to the apocalypse and everything, so as an example,

we could see some obstructions being the bowling ball having fallen off the top of the alley building, part of the map could be blocked off by the big games ball and the spaceship as well from the arcade building. This is amazing. I would love this so much.

In the event that this turned out to still be an issue though, this would make a really great ZM map. ZM might work better since it adds a new perspective to the lobby.