Plaza 50 Player Limit

I’ve been hearing a lot of people talking in global chat about how the plaza player limits should be higher and I feel I agree, a lot of the time 50 isn’t enough to reliably find people to participate in certain activities (bowling, theater, and high stakes poker in specific), and to find people who are participating in those activities you usually have to go on another server.
Personally I think 75 would be a good player limit but I’d like to know what everyone else thinks.

The player limit used to be 64 and the servers crashed all the time until they lowered it to 50.

3 Likes

like rrmm said, it used to be 64 but now especially with workshop it’d have to load 63 other playermodels over 49 on top of the map itself

The servers are using 50 player count as any higher is unstable.

If we could raise it, we would. There may be some hope in future Unreal Engine versions with the additions backported from Fortnite, but as it would require completely recoding all of the Workshop support, it’s not a super high priority to upgrade at this time.

12 Likes

You can already tell that the servers have a tough time handling 50 players, so any more than that is just a recipe for lag