Player model looks jumbled

Sorry if this is a repeat But, to put it simply

that’s not supposed to happen.
I don’t know if i did something worng Or if it’s a bug of some kind but this happened when i imported my playermodel after about an hour of rigging (little sad)
i tried doing a simple rig with the same model (resize model to fit, parent rig, DONE)
but nothing changed.
any help?

Does the coordinate space of your model match the coordinate space of the rig? In other words, was there any need to rotate the model in order to add it to the rig? Because I have had similar rigging problems in 3DS Max that related to the coordinate spaces of the model differing 90 degrees from the coordinate space of the rig.

(im using blender btw)
I found a different model, and some progress was made, but now…

The legs stretch out WAY too far and the body is way too short for the hit box (i think for the same reason)
even though my model fit PERFECTLY in the provided rig, it just doesn’t want to work

1 Like

the only thing i can think to to try is to fit the rig around my model

No difference ._.
Edit: didn’t mean to put this in bug report i meant for it tot be in support

One important step in blender is to press Ctrl-A, select “Rotation & Scale”, and make sure all 3 tickboxes are selected before exporting, usually fixes most of the major bugs with the model glitching out.

1 Like

it’s getting closer but now it looks like this, don’t worry about missing textures.

but only if scale is checked, if unchecked it looks like the second image
i’m wondering do I need to shink my model to fit the rig or expand the rig to fit my model? (purely scale)

1 Like

The rig needs to be set to 1 scale(defaults to 0.01 for me) and the the model rescaled to fit the rig
It’s working PERFECTLY NOW. Except now i need to work on meshes (and textures) and that’s it, thanks jjosh, That’s the push i needed especially since i’m VERY new to blender and have 1% of an idea where anything is or does

1 Like

I’m glad you figured it out.

In the SDK docs, https://www.towerunite.com/sdk/creating-characters, we also mention:

• Import the units.
  • Set the units to be metric at 0.01 scale.
  • Set armature to 1:1 scale.
  • Z is up!

So I assume what happened is your metric scale wasn’t set, so you had to readjust. Glad you were able to figure it out, though!

I’m probably gonna update the troubleshooting section with all this.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.