Playable Piano Sound Improvements

With the latest update, playing piano has become very annoying. High-pitched sound took away the depth of the instrument. Now it’s close to Harpsichord and playing piano now less enjoyable. Please change it with old sound at least. Also reduce the sustain effect to make sound clear or add a sustain slideable to let players adjust to a level they prefer.

ohh, I agree…
I can see why the team might’ve considering new sounds better as they’re cleaner and “fresh”-er, but actually old sounds sounded more like they were taken from a real piano, their quality and little uncleanness had little charm.
Not sure if bringing the old ones back is the only way, but new ones are indeed just somewhat boring

The old sounds were replaced because there were inconsistent in duration and volume. Some notes also had a noticeable delay before starting. There was even a note that was just not tuned right. Those are not coming back.

I think calling the new sounds “close to a harpsichord” is very exaggerated. We have however been thinking of adding different styles to the piano to select from, and I would like some variations of a soft piano in there too. Perhaps in the form of a “warm —|--- bright” slider? Who knows.

As for the sustain option, I never quite liked the fact that notes always stayed on when you let go of the keys. I am going to work on instruments in the near future and I can implement such a slider, among other things.

7 Likes

maybe just make them different for the piano and electric piano? >.>