Placing objects underwater?

I’m trying to get a canvas on the side of my pool but every time I try to put it there the water makes the item go whack and it ends up being placed all crooked and floating. This is as far down as I can get it.

Any ideas on how to get it to reach the bottom of the pool?

4 Likes

it might sound ridiculous but if you want to put something underwater

do it from underwater

Nice picture by the way owo

Believe it or not, that was one of the first things I tried. But this is what it looks like when you try to place something from underwater.

And then when you place it you end up with something like this.

I was asking here to see if there was an actual method to this or if I just have to bang my head against the wall for an hour trying to get it to land in the exact spot I want it to.

3 Likes

You should get some aspirin or something because you’re going to suffer some headaches there pal

4 Likes

Placing it in third person makes it alot easier.

I managed to get it in the spot I wanted it and in the process I figured how placing objects underwater works, so i’ll try to explain it as best as I can in case others want to place things underwater as well.

In this game, the water itself acts as an object that you can place things on, like a wall, but unlike a wall you can go inside of water. Because of this, whenever you try to place an item while your camera is underwater the item immediately stops because it’s hitting the water. That’s why it seems like the item is freaking out when you’re placing it, because it’s so close to the camera that you can’t properly see the outline. So in order to place an object where you want it, you have to place your camera in that spot. It will likely be crooked so before you place make sure you hit the R key to reset the rotation. Another thing I noticed was that the angle of the item depends on the angle of your camera, i.e. if you’re looking up, the item will be facing down, and vice versa.

TL;DR: While underwater, objects are placed where your camera is located and are affected by the angle of your camera.

4 Likes