October 2022 Condo Contest (Halloween)

Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex has expanded the “Fazbear Frights” section for halloween.
Much much more to see in person.

STEAM_0:1:5523357

4 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198057849883
Title: Kowloon Dream
Description: A difficult climbing map inspired by dreams and Kowloon Walled City. Decorated for Halloween.

“The first level. Home to “coin jump”. Very difficult.”

“Looking down from the peak of level two”

“Preparing to enter level three.”

3 Likes

Greetings! I present to you my condo to participate in the 2022 halloween contest: HORROR TOWERS! This is a walkthrough horror house / scare maze similar to the ones you see in amusement parks. My steam profile is Steam Community :: TheGreenKing and this is Horror Towers 2022!

Summary of the content you are about to read: Scare Maze with working preshow, the attraction contains a slide with the possibility of using the stairs instead of the slide, Sounds and visual effects of various kinds, Backstage with emergency exits, Scare Actors system and Gift Shop at the exit.

Horror Towers is a temporary Scare Maze, which means that it was built inside a building as if it were temporary.

In the parking lot that temporarily holds this event we find the ticket office (which is a camouflaged truck) and a stand for a souvenir screenshot

But now it’s time to step into the attraction!
This is the entrance

This is the external queue

And this is the waiting room for the pre-show!

Yes, I have a working Pre-show where in explaining to you what rules you have to keep inside the attraction, I simulate a working elevator! (try to believe, at the end of the post there are some info about it)

One of the first rooms of the attraction: the corridor

The corridor leads us to the dungeons!

Passing between pipes and fake electric cables …

…We arrive at one of the most well received rooms: The flooded room!

Our journey continues in the sewer pipes, and then continues underground in a small secret cemetery

… and in doing so we end up in some kind of abandoned subway!
One of the largest rooms in the attraction

Upon exiting the subway we discover that not only was it abandoned but that the whole city was defending itself from an apocalypse (this explains why so many beds and mattresses in the subway …)

Trying to escape, we run into really narrow alleys!
(wide enough to pass in single file though).
Will you and your group be able to escape through this maze of streets?

If the answer is yes, you will find yourself going down a slide (or down stairs for the less brave) ending up in someone’s basement …

Where people once worshiped a mysterious portal (man, we also added people … or at least what they are now)

Will you be brave enough to enter the mysterious tunnel of flesh?

The next picture are covered because they show the ending, if you are going to experience the attraction yourself I advise you not to look at it!

After all the signs scattered around the attraction you still haven’t figured out where you were? (The groups come out through a door inside the television that accompanied them throughout the journey, being that each room has a television like this)

But it doesn’t stop there! If you enjoyed the attraction, maybe you could buy a souvenir at the Gift Shop on the way out

Plus, if you liked it enough to want to work as a Scare Actor or Entrance Controller, you can! This is thanks to the backstage system that includes the room to prepare the Scare Actors, the stations for the scare actors and the emergency exits of the Scare Maze!

How can I see it in person?

I inform you that Horror Towers 2022, barring mishaps, will be open to the public at times that I still do not know between October 30th and November 1st, and then you may find it available in reduced form also in the following days!

I thank everyone who emotionally supported me during the construction :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello guys,
we have decided to make an adventure-condo, where the player has to find a hidden spooky house and needs to head to the top of the flat. It starts in the Forrest, where you can possibly see a few attractions around the map. In order to get to the hidden spooky house you need to find first the dungeon and manage some tasks. Their will be a final task in the spooky house where you need to find the door which leds to the top level of the building. During the Exploration we made little pumpkin guides and other to help you out with information. There are a few workshop npc’s being used, but no workshop items!

This is a Coop-condo. Participants are: Miamiheatfan95 and HaynezC

Steam-ID: 76561198156069561
Steam-ID: 76561198068460840

We are proud to participate for the first time and wish you all a Happy Halloween! :slight_smile:

Pumpkin Guide

Trick or Treat - House

Haunted shack

Monster

Graveyard

Dungeon Lavaroom

Dungeon - Skeletonroom

Front yard

Morgue

Frankenstein room

6 Likes

Just gonna link my community profile for my steamID. Sorry, not entirely sure how this whole thing works. Steam Community :: StripeStooge

Hiya, so unfortunately I really just didn’t end up having as much time as I would’ve liked to work on my condo. This was my first time entering, so I was trying to make a good first impression. Although things didn’t work out, I still wanted to submit what I had so far.

This is “A Perfectly Safe Campsite”. Although it wasn’t really directly halloween-y I wanted to capture some good spooky vibes for a nice themed chill spot for friends. Most of what I have is just me trying to make some good small details around the one small area in order to get the feel across that I did early on, but I never got much further than that.

It’s supposed to be this really run-down campground serving as a temporary safe spot in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

However, while I did want to make it seem like a nice safe spot upon first glance, and more just a generic end-of-the-world feel, I was trying to make the spookiness sorta creep in slowly but surely. Make you feel more uneasy and creeped out the longer you stayed. Was working on adding some old run-down Halloween decorations around the place to start the feeling that you’re being watched. Because while it may give the vibes of a zombie apocalypse, I definitely wanted to make it slowly clear that whatever it was, it was smarter.

I was really trying to work on sightlines that would cause people visiting to notice these still silhouettes off in the distance. Just sorta standing there, unmoving, but clearly keeping an eye on you.

Some of these silhouettes would be significantly closer than others. The goal was to make it the kind of thing that you might notice out of the corner of your eye while moving around, maybe it wouldn’t be entirely clear whether or not it even was one of those things.

Sometimes even if there was one that was a lot more clear, there’d be one closer by that may not immediately catch your eye.

Or maybe even while you’re relaxing, watching something on the janky old jerry-rigged projector and screen, maybe you’d happen to notice something out of the ordinary off in the distance.

Of course, it could be just a bunch of old Halloween decorations left around the campground, but who knows?

Anyways, pictures and explanations aside, I was working on trying to assemble some old log cabins around the place as well, that’d serve as visitor centers and whatnot with more stuff to make it even more clear that the campground was abandoned around Halloween, as well as to make it a little more clear that there were indeed things watching you off in the distance. Maybe have a few newspapers scattered about hinting at disappearances late at night and strange sounds. Maybe a few articles featuring government comments on the situation.

I also wanted to make sure though that even if you shined you flashlight towards the closer ones, they’d always be just out of range.

You could barely see the whites of their eyes in that case. Unfortunately, I never really got to flesh out the concept as much as I would’ve liked.

At the very least, I got to play around with sound emitters a little more. Maybe I’ll continue working on this throughout November and eventually throw it up on the workshop. There was another Halloween project I had going on as well, but that one I’ll be uploading a lot sooner than later, and I’d rather keep it a surprise.

Either way, thanks for having a look! I’m not expecting to really get anything out of this, just wanted to share my work. Thanks for hosting this condo contest!

4 Likes

The Candy Core-Nival
A carnival set at the end of a cul-de-sac suburbia, based on the aesthetics of candygore, blacklights, the circus clownie feeling, and a Halloween kiss.

This project is a collaboration of 4 individuals.

76561198183005099 DeadGirlAllie
76561198111680811 Lolo-Chan
76561198088054570 Nykane Mundoe
76561198254200924 CorpseCutieDana

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦•

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦•

Welcome to Cravingholm. A small town candy suburbia located somewhere outside of Sweet Tooth - Locals sweets are friendly, big smiles everywhere!

They celebrated their lives passionately until one night on October, hands crawled out from underneath the icecream (cookies and cream) soil and with only one goal in mind -

“We love sweets!”

The following images have been edited to raise the gamma of the screenshot to be on par with my recommended gamma setting of at least 280.

The Suburbs

Should’ve gave better candy.

I’d be sick too if I was that sweet!
✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•

I won’t be seeing -you- later!
✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•✦✦•······················•✦•······················•

Now it’s a tree house-house.

Sorry officer, you’re not a fireman. You’re a melted man.

And there goes the neighborhood.

Enter the Core-Nival !

The Right Side of the Core-nival!

Don’t actually use this ride, it spins its (singular) teacup really fast.

Time for pie!

The Perish Wheel!

The Left Side of the Core-nival!

Big Top Bakey Blaine’s Pop-Up Bakery!

Uh oh. Heavy feel funny…

The Shooting Gallery !

Down The Middle

Better luck next time, Bozo!

End of display

• Unfortunately, we weren’t able to include the funhouse interior in addition to the carnival itself. However it was a blast to take this concept and run with it as far as possible. And it will be included later on, but as of now it will remain… fun…-less.
    2022-10-26T07:00:00Z

Thanks for taking the time to view our project and have a Happy Halloween !
A workshop version will be available here

Oh, we’re also trying to make this interactive if we can. When this condo is open to the public, we’ll be trying to give prizes for games via the Workshop items. It works by hitting the “OPEN URL” to unlisted prize items!

:jack_o_lantern:

14 Likes

Steam Name: Alexer Zoderia

STEAMID: STEAM_0:1:55964584

After a tragic High-ordinance Fireworks accidentm the Prizim Podcast studio has been destroyed! What horror! What Destruction! And what tragedy that everyone’s (least) favorite Talk Show Host has died! (Again.)

But as you try to head back upstairs…the Elevator crashes to the floor below! It smashes open the ground…and reveals a dark secret…

As you fall down the pit, you’re visited with nighmarish images and visions. You find yourself landed in a lava-filled hellscape…with only horrors to await.

Dare you enter…The House of Sins?

As you proceed through a hall of anguished sinners, you arrive in a foyer with a…Merchendise stand?

Through the Double Doors, you find yourself in front of a carneval stage of sinister standing…what could it all mean? Why…IT’S THE PRIZIM PODCAST, LIVE FROM HELL!

THAT’S RIGHT BOYS, @The_Lich and @Chae’s GREATEST DREAM HAS COME TRUE! I, ALEXER ZODERIA, HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED IN HELL! BUT JOKES ON ALL OF YOU, YOU’RE COMING WITH ME! COME JOIN ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT FOR SOME SPOOKS, SKITS, AND SCARES! VIEWER BEWARE, COME IF YOU DARE!

SEE YOU THERE!

3 Likes

After trying to upload for 2 hours…FINALLY! Traditional take on Halloween…enjoy
steam ID: 76561199225683581

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 38 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

a much better quality view of these pictures can be found here. i had to cut some images in order to fit in the new user posting rule.

i’ve built my submission around the deep australian bush.
(and eventually, my fears around it disappearing.)

it’s a much more personal piece than i first set out to make it! but, i’d be disappointed if i didn’t submit it. so, thank you, to all who see this.

i can’t understate how small the trees - scarred from hundreds of bushfires, giant monuments to survival can make you feel. the platforms, comforting and homely as they are to me or you, stand on the corpse of an organism that would have easily lived a thousand years or more.

the second platform, and building interiors. wood and mortar.

the climb.

and finally, a peek beyond the pale.

3 Likes

Alright, the submission period is over and community voting begins now! It will be open until October 30th at 11:59PM CT and the winners will be announced on Halloween.

Here is the link to the community vote form: https://forms.gle/zhdH3rJrsWyDaLRv5

Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry! They all look fantastic.

2 Likes

WOW this is possibly my favorite Tower Unite build of all time. Incredible job here!

4 Likes

Agree as well

2 Likes

This is by far my favorite. I see too many maps simply imported or just large scale with no effort and they get upvoted, yet this one deserves WAY more praise for the actual work put in! Awesome and unique vibe!

2 Likes

The voting period is over! I’ll announce the winners later this afternoon. Thank you to everyone who voted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:jack_o_lantern: The results of the community vote are in! :jack_o_lantern:

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the vote.

There were 130 responses this time, and votes were very spread out between participants! Also, I’ve slightly increased the prize for 5th place because it is a co-op Condo.

The winners of the community vote are:

1st place (500,000 Units each) - @medai, Lolo-Chan, Nykane Mundoe, CorpseCutieDana

The Candy Core-Nival

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @Baby_In_A_Pipe

Brimstone Cathedral

3rd place (750,000 Units) - @Tut.exe

Halloween Town

4th place (500,000 Units) - @Assault

Spencer Mansion

5th place (250,000 Units each) - @MHF_95 and HaynezC

Adventure Condo

Thanks again to all of you who participated in the vote!

:ghost: STAFF HIGHLIGHTS :ghost:

Because the vote was so spread out this time, and there were so many amazing entries, we wanted to highlight some of the exceptional Condos that didn’t place in the community vote.

These highlighted condo builders will receive 400,000 Units in addition to the 100,000 Unit participation prize.

The staff highlights are:

For Theming:
@CalculatorSpoon - Abducted

For Storytelling:
@Frasler - Fyrstaden

For Unique Gameplay:
@fruzstrated - The Midnight Faire

Honorable Mentions:
@TheGreenKing - Horror Towers

@GoopGoop - Castle Pixelwick

Thank you all for joining, and I hope you have a Happy Halloween! Units for winners and participants will be distributed sometime today.

11 Likes

Bravo condo creators

4 Likes

All the units have been distributed! Congratulations to those who won and thank you to everyone who participated.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.