Obstacle Course Condo Contest! [CLOSED]

Nice! I spent much of my first three days recreating someone else’s workshop building in canvas blocks so I could open up the doors. Not going through that again for mostly background decor :sweat_smile:

I’m still gonna credit the creators whose designs were used in my map. Map is 97% complete over here but ran into funding troubles. Will definitely be ready for upload come Sunday.

Any suggestions for recording software?

Drawing Board

Before taking a tour with the big leagues, get to practicing on this tutorial course, teaching you about the concepts of speed boosts and traps, shortcuts, and navigation.
(workshop material credited within the map)

Steam64 ID: 76561198157950735
Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/officialmatrvincent/

10 Likes

Colorbox

A multilevel obstacle course that includes different kinds of challenges. The visuals are minimalistic with mostly boxy shapes and each level using only one color (hence the name Colorbox). It’s actually a bit easy but can take some time to finish.

Steam64 ID: 76561198007894582

Video:

Screenshots:

Background

This map is actually a bit older and I only finished it and fixed some stuff this week. Not sure if that’s a problem but I did put quite a bit of time into this in total and thought it would fit for this contest (I haven’t posted it before either). I also wanted to edit a video again for fun and felt like this was the perfect opportunity. Just wanted to be open and honest about this.

As a side note if it wasn’t clear from video: The rooms on level 6 have always only one teleporter to the next room while the rest take you back to the start.

14 Likes

Black Hole Obstacle Course:

Steam ID - 76561198082357901

You can tell I made a lot of it as I went along, but it provides a very hard challenge, given that one slip up sends you back to the very start.

Here’s a video I also uploaded to my channel showing the condo:

Note: I’ve tested everything in this and have run through it a couple of times, just noting this because the video doesn’t show this.

8 Likes

Pogofuck - an uphill pogostick obstacle course

If you’re wondering why I named it Pogofuck it’s purely because I want to see Nath write Pogofuck if I’m in the winners announcement.

This might not seem like much but this map is very detailed and took me way longer than I’d like to admit. I spent far over thirty hours (almost consecutively) working on this project because I didn’t have access to the pogostick until the recent beta which I needed before I could start building. There’s a lot more to the map that isn’t shown in these screenshots and the main focus is the gameplay!

My plan was originally to make this a much larger build but I ran out of time before I could continue much further. I might add a few edits before the deadline if I end up building anything more.

uhoh

If anyone wants to come check this out in person let me know.
Good luck everyone!

12 Likes

Alright, entries are now CLOSED! If you haven’t submitted yet, you’re too late! If you have, thank you! Stay tuned, I’ll be announcing the 3 winners here in 24 hours!

5 Likes

Okay, I’m a little late, but we have our winners!

1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
@Neox (Colorbox)

2nd Place - 750,000 Units
@Plasma (Down-Hell Surf)

3rd Place - 500,000 Units
@MatrVincent (Drawing Board)

Thanks for entering, everyone! You should get your Units soon. This was much more of an experimental idea because of the unusual theme, but you guys made some really cool and clever stuff!

11 Likes

Rewards have been awarded! Thanks to everyone who participated!

5 Likes

I love this one.

2 Likes