No main menu

I said something like this like 2 years ago. Obviously this is my opinion. I’d rather open Tower Unite and just see one button that says “play” and when pressed just tosses me into a server that’s best for my region. Having a main menu with the ability to create a private/public condo server, a private/public game server of any minigame splits up the community. Part of the fun of gmt was waiting around for ppl to get together to queue up for a minigame and exploring the lobby in the meantime. I feel like the whole experience isn’t tied together. I liked having to wait, or switch servers just to check into my condo. Everything was connected to (I think it was) 2 servers. I just wish it was mandatory for people to experience the lobby in order to experience the game. I dislike that I can just host a game and play.

I don’t think taking away people’s freedom to do their own thing in a game they paid for would be good for the game at all. That kind of system only really worked for GMT because it was just a gamemode within a game, not its own thing, and it couldn’t have had a main menu for that reason.

2 Likes

I think you’re forgetting the shortcomings of that system as well. I think you under estimate how bad the waiting was at times, especially since the player base has grown exponentially.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind waiting. Even with a big player base that means less waiting right? More chances people want to play the same mini-game as you. I felt that the fact that everyone was locked into this one place and literally had to walk within the lobby to do what you wanted to do was part of the fun.

whilst i like it in concept it only reminds me of GTA5 which would previously force you to load into story mode before loading into online, both actions which take a long time to do due to loading

1 Like

make it as an additional button, problem solved.

1 Like

I suppose if they made this toggleable this could be cool

1 Like