My Proposed Changes Since Beta Release

Alright, I just went from what someone told me. Still, kuddos for everyone responsible for Little Crusaders’ Art. For me, it’s presentation it’s really it’s forte. :smile:

knights are too fast imho
somewhat slow when scared

1 Like

If you are on a surface with space underneath it (eg. on top of a post on Ampitheatre or on a box on Market) even touching Dragon’s feet even lightly as a feather will kill you.

I completely agree with this point, I know having the knights be faster than the dragon in this state used to be really annoying for some in UCH, but with how slow you move, you end up a sitting duck for the dragon. I will gladly take the ability to get out of dodge if it gives the dragon some breathing room, instead of the dogpiles I’ve seen, as funny as they are.

i find it annoying that 90% of the time i am killed because i need to do a full stop after i am “scared” for the camera to zoom back in.

I think the way it worked in GMT was good enough, it simply launched you quite far away when you got tail whipped.
Although short stun sounds alright too.

So little thing: Decrease The max players in 1 game to 11(?) So 10 knights and 1 dragon max.

Maybe add another way to get into the dragon spawn in amphitheatre? Most of the time i play on that map there’s always someone who sits in spawn the whole round.

Or else you can increase the max rounds (sry can’t edit anymore)

Can’t the players just Disconnect if they can’t/ don’t want to play anymore?

These are some of the things that I think can be improved upon. Some of them are intentional, others are already known. This is just my personal observations.

Some of the movement animations don’t support multiple directions. Trying to crawl, run while scared or run as the dragon result in the forward movement animation if you move backwards or to the side.

The dragon should be louder when moving, so it is easier to find if the knights can’t find it. It also makes it more immersive.

The knights should sometimes grunt when jumping or sprinting so the dragon can find them if they try to run away.

There are gaps that the dragon can fly across which the knights have to take a long path to cross. This results in the dragon being impossible to defeat if it keeps crossing every time the knights get close.

The dragon is almost impossible to defeat if it has its back to a corner or off a ledge.

The dragon is almost impossible to defeat while it is airborne.

It is too easy for a dragon to eat a knight by running up to it while it is scared.

The bird should explode immediately or fly around wildly when eaten. Right now, it rolls a little then explodes.

Picking up items is useless. I know it is intentional, but the should at least be an animation for throwing it. Maybe separate taunts if you are holding items would work too.

There are no reasons to crouch, ever.

Some items don’t have collisions. A knight can easily hide in them.

Iirc, getting scared instantly depleted the run meter in UCH. It doesn’t in LC, but that may be intentional.

At the start of each round you were a pigmask, a little tune would play. This tune got more complex the higher rank you were. I would love to see that return.

EDIT 1: Ghosts can be improved. The color filter is a bit too strong and the models could be improved.

EDIT 2: The dragon can get stuck in a wall if it ragdolls near one.

You should be able to see your character fly through the air when you are eaten, then turn into a ghost. Right now you turn into a ghost instantly.

It’s yet 1st pass of animation

Those are the ways that dragon can defend itself, without those dragon can be defeated too easy[quote=“Blue, post:33, topic:18420”]
Picking up items is useless. I know it is intentional, but the should at least be an animation for throwing it. Maybe separate taunts if you are holding items would work too.
[/quote]

Picking up items is made just for fun.

I think it regenerates your stamina a bit quicker

Ghost is not final

That’s a bug

2 Likes

Perhaps there could be some sort of bonus for helping the team win even if you aren’t the one who slays the dragon. More specifically, for people who bait out the dragon or sacrifice themselves for the team. I believe a good way to go about this would be to have a unit bonus for anyone who dies within 3-5 seconds of the dragon being slain, that way people who sacrifice themselves for the team get rewarded and people can’t just suicide for free units.

I understand that, but the problem I have is that these strategies are literally un-counterable other than the bird. If the dragon has it’s back to a cliff, there is no way to hit it other than the bird. There is a difference between being defensive and being unbeatable. this could be avoided if it was easier to go over the dragon or something.

So basically putting the whole crouch jumping over the dragon trick into the game, much like the Gmod Tower version had. That alone helps with the dragon camping corners and cliffs. I got nothing to say about flying, because eventually they have to come down anyway.

Exactly.

The dragon can jump while biting making it near impossible to punish it if avoided. I think the dragon should stay grounded while biting but maybe somehow reward it if it doesn’t miss? Not sure on that.

Roaring IMO needs a longer cooldown. It’s very easy for the dragon to just run up to the last knight then roar and easily chase him for the kill since they run pretty slow while scared. I feel like roaring should be a defensive move, used when being overwhelmed with knights trying to dogpile you, but right now it is very good as an offensive move to lead into kills.

Also I miss being able to pet the dragon by taunting, it worked much better in UCH.