Minigolf Shot Power Adjustment/Hole Bouncing

It may be just be me, but I feel like the shot power is very sensative and that the power range is very strange. You can easily undershoot, even when the bar says you have decent power.

Also, it seems like when you are trying to hit the ball in, you have to have perfect power or you will undershoot/overshoot. I feel like there should be some leadway in this.

2 Likes

How long have you played? I think minigolf is just fine as it is, but I do have had a fair bit of experience with it (not to mention too much time in the GMT version). Personally, I think the power put into a putt is something that one needs to get used to, and that’s part of the fun. That’s just me, though.

I have a lot of hours on GMT. Maybe I’m so used to that. Like I said, maybe it is just me and I need to get used to the power.

1 Like

The physic is a little different too, the thing with GMT is that the balls had a lot of friction and could slow down quickly, which used most of the players to shoot strongly, compared to the new ones that roll just fine and that can roll on long distance even with a middle/low powered shot, so… yeah it’s all about getting used to, I managed to finish a whole map without any bogey so I can say nothing is wrong with that

1 Like

It is very aggravating when the ball is going in the hole, but it pops out and goes outside the course, when it definitely should have been in the hole.

1 Like

Minigolf has been my go to game for years and I would say I am fairly decent with the game, and I agree with snackattack that the powers are a bit wonky (though I was quickly able to adjust due to experience). I’ve also noticed you can give the ball hardly any power at all and you can STILL “jump” the hole and ramp out of bounds. It is the most frustrating thing I have come across (besides the game thinking your ball is still moving and bugging out)

1 Like